Sign in to follow this  
rlw9sr

ThaiCreations VABB Approach

I've installed ThaiCreations VABB in Prepar3D v4.5 without an issue.  The URL link pic shows the ILS 09 approach at minimums.  My question is, what is in the foreground?  Nothing resembles it on the simmarket web site.  Is it scenery corruption? I have FTX global installed.  I'd appreciate any suggestions--Thanks

https://ibb.co/QD3bkgg

Looks like just a blurry satellite photo ground... Not uncommon for old FSX-style sceneries. It seems there are just some buildings missing. Perhaps it requires some custom autogen that haven't been installed properly? Other than that I don't see anything wrong in particular. Did I speak of the thing you say might be wrong, or...?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If you’re okay waiting a little, I can load up this scenery on my sim in a few days and tell you if I see something similar to what you’re seeing. Then I can also see if the scenery did come with tomseort of custom auto gen - autogen that doesn’t not use default assignment, rather uses new ones that have to b e added the sim’s autogen definitions. But I do not remember something like that being necessary, so I’ll confirm it in the next few days or so.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I am fairly certain that you need to export the BGL-files that contain the custom apartment houses with Model Converter X (running on the P3Dv4 SDK  BGLComp) as  P3D v4 BGL to make them visible in P3D. I stumbled across this somewhere when I planned to buy the sceneries. However, I opted against them and so I cannot verify it myself.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

I had a quick look and noticed the same thing, as well as some other airport building missing. I cna't really delve into it much deeper right now as I'm anyway planning to reinstall the sim, but when I find out more I'll post it here

Benjamin van Soldt

@Benjamin J You said you got a new CPU and didn't see much performance boost, did you return it?

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

38 minutes ago, ols500 said:

@Benjamin J You said you got a new CPU and didn't see much performance boost, did you return it?

Indeed I did. From what it sounded like, in order to get the full effect I'd better start from scratch, going as far as to reinstall Windows. I'm not planning on doing that anytime soon, so I opted to return the CPU.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Not about the missing buildings but I find there is an anomalous dip in rwy 27 glide path somewhere around 3-4nm from the runway, every time I make an autopilot approach to rwy 27 on any addon aircraft it dips slightly then comes back up again making the approach bit unstable. I disabled the scenery and tried with stock airport and it did the same, so no clue what is happening there.