Sign in to follow this  
swk1959

beta update issue

I was notified this morning that a new update was available for x-plane. It went through the normal steps until it got to the final install where it said unable to access file permision denied.  Tried several times, thought it might be a server issue, but to no avail. Anyone else had this issue or have any advice or a fix?

Thanks

Scot

I was not able to even get that far into the update. My computer froze after it said the download was complete (installer only)

I could not get the program to go any further into the normal update process and could not cancel the install either. I had to reboot the computer in order to get out of the program.

Terry

Guess that is why it is called beta?

Terry

Edited by Cat_Dad

for sure that's why they call it a beta 🙂 I suspect there may be an issue with the installer on some machines. This is the first time I've ever had an issue, here's hoping someone can shed some knowledge on the issue.

Scot

Same thing happened to me just now.I shut it down and installed under update X Plane. It installed fine.Last year this happened, and the sim crashed. Having to reinstall the sim. Good luck out there.Thanks for the heads up on the update Scot.

Edited by Paul Deluca

Good call on updating from with the program. So far everything is OK.

Terry

1 hour ago, Paul Deluca said:

Same thing happened to me just now.I shut it down and installed under update X Plane. It installed fine.Last year this happened, and the sim crashed. Having to reinstall the sim. Good luck out there.Thanks for the heads up on the update Scot.

How do I update from within the program I'm not able to find it?

Thanks,

Scot

Scot:As soon as you start the sim, you will see a menu from fly x plane on down. The update x plane bar is lower. Click on that. I know it is time consuming but well worth the wait.After there it tells you to download megabites worth of info.Once that is done, sign out and  reenter the sim. Then click on fly x plane. Happy Flying!!!!!!

Edited by Paul Deluca

19 minutes ago, Paul Deluca said:

Scot:As soon as you start the sim, you will see a menu from fly x plane on down. The update x plane bar is lower. Click on that. I know it is time consuming but well worth the wait.After there it tells you to download megabites worth of info.Once that is done, sign out and  reenter the sim. Then click on fly x plane. Happy Flying!!!!!!

Thanks for the help Paul but I don't see that option on my set up are you perhaps using the steam version?

Scot

Paul I found it. It's in the installer menu, not the main menu of X-plane.

Thanks for the help buddy

Scot

Same thing happened to me this evening. I downloaded the latest updater EXE from the XP site and it seemed to go through, though I never fired it up afterwards.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

The problem with updating the beta is still there, just tried.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

Tried to run the X-plane 11 Installer.exe as administrator by right clicking, that was the trick for me.

My beta build X-Plane 11.35b4 (build 113507 64-bit) after the update.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD