Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Your experience with PBR models from P3Dv4.5 ht1

Hello,

Id like to know Your experience with native models used PBR techniques

Does it look right for You?

I have few: AH He-111, AH Cessna 140, MV PC-6 Porter, ATSim Broussard + default for sure like F-16C for example.

What I noticed models with PBR have very strange antyaliasing problem,very visible jaggies and flickering on external textures are very visible (or on parts of model), more than the same models without PBR texture what is really strange.

Here is example, please too see antyaliasing on lines.

ZlVGUKfl.jpg

What I noticed also AntyAlising in sim hasnt any or very little impact for this. My settings are here:

SvE9JoYm.jpg

With MSAA=8 no difference.

It looks like a bigger problem of P3Dv4.5 and LM issue, not full support for PBR. The second option is different option for saving by creators (why? On default F-16C I didnt notice this problem and Broussard looks ok for me too).

What I noticed also MipMaps if we create texture has better effects. See this examples:

7tX0YdCm.jpg E8Pj6JIm.jpg Sc4lw1Om.jpg

What do You think? Its a Prepar3D issue with PBR models?

Topics about this kind of problem You can find on SOH or MV Forum:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/116055-Best-PBR-setup-for-V4-5

https://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=10785#p90595

Id like to know Your opinion, did You notice the same?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Hello,

Id like to know Your experience with native models used PBR techniques

Does it look right for You?

I have few: AH He-111, AH Cessna 140, MV PC-6 Porter, ATSim Broussard + default for sure like F-16C for example.

What I noticed models with PBR have very strange antyaliasing problem,very visible jaggies and flickering on external textures are very visible (or on parts of model), more than the same models without PBR texture what is really strange.

Here is example, please too see antyaliasing on lines.

ZlVGUKfl.jpg

What I noticed also AntyAlising in sim hasnt any or very little impact for this. My settings are here:

SvE9JoYm.jpg

With MSAA=8 no difference.

It looks like a bigger problem of P3Dv4.5 and LM issue, not full support for PBR. The second option is different option for saving by creators (why? On default F-16C I didnt notice this problem and Broussard looks ok for me too).

What I noticed also MipMaps if we create texture has better effects. See this examples:

7tX0YdCm.jpg E8Pj6JIm.jpg Sc4lw1Om.jpg

What do You think? Its a Prepar3D issue with PBR models?

Topics about this kind of problem You can find on SOH or MV Forum:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/116055-Best-PBR-setup-for-V4-5

https://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=10785#p90595

Id like to know Your opinion, did You notice the same?

It is a known P3D 4.5 problem. Have this too. Not nice. Especially in VR very uggly looking. Hope that LM will fix this. Regards Marcuw

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

23 hours ago, mpo910 said:

It is a known P3D 4.5 problem. Have this too. Not nice. Especially in VR very uggly looking. Hope that LM will fix this. Regards Marcuw

Nice to hear it that not only me see this issue ;).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Try to turn Dynamic Reflections to Low and see if it helps.  That is what I did and it made it look better on my sim with no noticable performance loss.

Alan

13 hours ago, exeodus said:

Try to turn Dynamic Reflections to Low and see if it helps.  That is what I did and it made it look better on my sim with no noticable performance loss.

Thx for the tip but I have in settings on low level already.

qJnvK6um.jpg

This is something else.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif