Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCEO

fsx view cycle

Hi i just reinstalled fsx on my computer but it won't let me cycle views; spot vc etc. It will only allow a 2d panel of the cockpit and tail view

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks

Welcome to the AVSIM forum.  I have moved you into the correct forum for FSX.  The other forum was the "imaginary" new Microsoft flight simulator forum.

In your Settings/Customize/Aircraft you can choose what panel comes up at the start...2D or VC.  Sound like you have the 2D chosen.  Does the view problem happen with all aircraft?  Are you using the s key to cycle the views?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

Welcome to the AVSIM forum.  I have moved you into the correct forum for FSX.  The other forum was the "imaginary" new Microsoft flight simulator forum.

In your Settings/Customize/Aircraft you can choose what panel comes up at the start...2D or VC.  Sound like you have the 2D chosen.  Does the view problem happen with all aircraft?  Are you using the s key to cycle the views?

Yes, everything is correct, it just doesnt let me see any other views such as stated above...

Ive tried using the A key as well, but it seems i cant change into spot, tower view, vc or any other perspective

Are you able to right-click on the screen and choose any of the views?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Try F9 and F10 perhaps? The S key changes views too..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

One other thing I found was that someone had a similar problem and found that his Cameras.cfg that is in the same location as the FSX.cfg was totally empty.

Charlie Aron

Tried everything....

Guess ill just have to reinstall it again.

Thanks for your help though guys

🙂

Edited by AirbusCEO
Misspelt

Yep I would reinstall, especially if you are not able to get additional views using the default aircraft, AirbusCEO.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors