Screen-190702-014542.png

Screen-190702-191907.png

Screen-190703-092150.png

Thanks for L@@klng Friends!!!😊

• Like 7

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Carrier Ops must be really exciting and exacting, Patrick! I wish I could do that....!

Beautiful combo, here, of the sky, clouds, and ocean!

• Like 1

How do i comment that i am speechless.Wow.

nebojsa

• Like 1

Thank You Friends for your kind comments,After posting these,I kind of see I posted very similar shots and angles before,I'll try to post some different shots and angles in the future,

Here's something a bit different,TomCat,Feet Dry.

Screen-190705-163150.png

• Like 1

Patrick

Absolutely fantastic!!

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hi Patrick: You being one of a couple of lone warriors around here, that I know of,...🙂....of the incredibly authentic DCS platform (with regard to both environment and aircraft)...I was curious, if you could say a few words, first-hand from your SIM experience, about how hard it's do a landing on the flight-deck in DCS e.g. do you use moving ships here...how much practice did you need...etc.?

Many years ago, I used to greatly enjoy the VRS "F/A-18E Superbug" in FSX for such landings on a few standard carriers, and I recall they were rather exciting to accomplish correctly...and, so my query here about (this latest and advanced) DCS SIM...thanks...!

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, P_7878 said:

Hi Patrick: You being one of a couple of lone warriors around here, that I know of,...🙂....of the incredibly authentic DCS platform (with regard to both environment and aircraft)...I was curious, if you could say a few words, first-hand from your SIM experience, about how hard it's do a landing on the flight-deck in DCS e.g. do you use moving ships here...how much practice did you need...etc.?

Many years ago, I used to greatly enjoy the VRS "F/A-18E Superbug" in FSX for such landings on a few standard carriers, and I recall they were rather exciting to accomplish correctly...and, so my query here about (this latest and advanced) DCS SIM...thanks...!

Landing on the Carrier in  with The TomCat and Hornet in DCS is a Fantastic Challenge,You need a lot of practice to become proficient and consecutively  good at it.

The Aircraft needs to be trimmed correctly and come in with the correct AOA and speed to execute a successful Trap and your hook to catch a wire.

272735-DD-55-A2-4-F53-8966-850-B06-FC4-A

The ships are moving along with their accompanying  Destroyers,DCS is working on a New Nimitz Class Carrier that will have a Animated Deck Crew and a host of other features.

***Some WIP Shots***

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-01

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-02

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-03

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-04

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-06

I'll keep you updated on it's progress.Thank You for your reply and interest.

• Like 1

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick! 

Yes, I do recall AOA etc. from what (little) I'd done with the VRS Simulation's F/A-18E Superbug...

This, here, seems quite fantastic stuff with the great realism of DCS...cutting-edge simulation, indeed...!

• Like 1

Just took a look at those carrier deck operations animations.  Great indeed.

• Upvote 1

In my experience any aircraft is a challenge to safely plunk down on the deck of a carrier, but I find the F-14 the easier of the two, more stable.

Again, "easier" is very relative, I still end up in the drink more often than the deck 🙂

Edited by regis9
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 7/13/2019 at 10:24 AM, regis9 said:

In my experience any aircraft is a challenge to safely plunk down on the deck of a carrier, but I find the F-14 the easier of the two, more stable.

Again, "easier" is very relative, I still end up in the drink more often than the deck 🙂

Yes!! I find the Hornet gets very "Floaty"when she gets close to the deck in the carriers Burble or "Carriers Superstructure's Turbulence." Where The TomCat has a nice gradual Descent . 

• Like 1

Patrick

1 hour ago, Phantom88 said:

Yes!! I find the Hornet gets very "Floaty"when she gets close to the deck in the carriers Burble or "Carriers Superstructure's Turbulence." Where The TomCat has a nice gradual Descent . 

Interesting observations, Dave and Patrick!

I recall, many moons ago, when I was a bit active in the (FSX) Carrier Operations Forums, there were a couple of RL carrier pilots there, who would tell us sometimes, just to make us feel good, I think, that FSX landings on the Deck are harder than in RL...And, I just used to chuckle...

DCS is probably is as close to the real experience in the SIM, as we will ever get...!

• Like 1