Sign in to follow this  
Dominik92

Low FPS with a current graphics card

Hello!

I've a problem

Since my FSX always crashed I bought P3d.
Meanwhile, I'm dousing my PC from a GTX 1050TI to a RTX 2060.

Now my problem if I want to fly with the PMDG 777, 737 or the qualitywings 787 I have in the cockpit with low graphics settings 8-12 fps and medium / high settings between 9-16 fps.

Therefore, I ask for help as I can make my game playable.
Thank you in advance :^)

PC Spec:

I5 8600k
RTX 2060
16 GB of RAM 3000 mhz
P3d is on a HDD

I don't think your video card is the constraint.  Look at your CPU and see what you can do with it.  It comes out of the box at 3.6 GHz and make sure you have the Turbo feature enabled in your UEFI.  This CPU will overclock very easily.  Depending on cooling it should get up to 5.0 GHz according to a fast review of Google'd articles.

Dan Downs KCRP

We also need to know where you are getting framerates like that. There is a massive difference between "airborne at 35000 feet", "on the ground at a default airport", or "on the ground at a complex payware airport with lots of AI planes active".

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This might also help, since you probably updated your drivers too.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi, a question to this topic please. Deleting p3d4.5 shaders, is it any need of re apply  Envtex , envshade and others?

thank you

31 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hi, a question to this topic please. Deleting p3d4.5 shaders, is it any need of re apply  Envtex , envshade and others?

thank you

No. When you restart P3D they will rebuild, it will be a little slow to reload the first time so be patient.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

37 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

thank you

If you are trying to solve performance problems, it makes sense to start with a default configuration :wink:

• Like 1

Bert

On 7/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Thank you guys so much

One after thought, some systems do not handle FXAA or SSAA anti alias very well, dial it back into MSAA without using FXAA.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gotta get that overclock going. 4.5 minimum.

I also upgraded my card to a 2060 so I can step up to 1440p.

But I still have to pull backon the autogen, LOD and draw distances.

My system gets more killed at night using payware airports. During the day it's fine.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.