Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
sfinazzi

Want to create my own AI traffic within FSX

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,
after some absence from FS, I have come back, installed Perpar3dv4.5 which I don't like, which, for the obvious reason of lack of add-ons I don't like, and good old FSX. This is the one I have most experience with and tons and tons of add-ons are available.
I am now looking to integrate AI traffic but even for FSX there is nowadays a lack of good payware available. I'm coming back to World of AI but their flightplans are mostly stone old. But imho there should be a possibility to install their packages and edit the flight plans and hopefully also edit aircraft.
Are there some members who have done/are doing this? I am pretty sure there must be some. If you are one of them, please be so kind and let me know. Your kind intervention will be very much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Search for Alpha India Group, they have made a One click installer, which makes it easy to install all the ai you want. And best of all, it's FREE.

And it's offcourse with the latest models, repaints and flightplans.

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Jom, thank you very much for your message. I do know AIG for a long time and am aware of their installer. I think, it's still in beta version now. Don't know if I c an edit WoAI packages with their new tool, will have to find out. Thanks. Edit: afaik the installer works only for Prepar3D.

Edited by sfinazzi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lack of add-ons for P3D?  What is it you want that you can't get?



 

ngxu_banner.png                   NAX3142.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ailchim said:

Lack of add-ons for P3D?  What is it you want that you can't get?

I'm talking about the latest Prepar3Dv4.5 Professional Plus edition I have. I have lots of add-ons which would work in v3 but not in mine. I definitely don't want to spend more money on new payware now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For FSX, check out the flight1.com website for: Air Traffic FX and Heli Traffic 2009, both of which are good for FSX. Also check out lorby-si.com for some decent payware stuff for messing around with A.I. as well as some freebie things which are good for tweaking A.I. too.

I can recommend Lorby's WAMA (where are my aircraft?) add-on for placing stuff from your fleet on the ramp too, I use that all the time to create backdrops for my videos and reviews and stuff. For example, this below of an airshow flight line display for a backdrop for a fly-by from the Flight Replicas Handley Page Halifax was made possible with Lorby's WAMA. In it, on the ground you can see the Aerosoft Catalina, Antonov AN2 and various Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven stuff including their Boeing B17F Flying Fortress, C-46 Curtiss Commando, Grumman F3F, Mitsubish A6M, Hawker Hurricane and Messerschmitt bf109E:

RWbRvjJ.png

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ailchim said:

Lack of add-ons for P3D?  What is it you want that you can't get?

Wrong Forum!


Ernest Pergrem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that posting something on the mighty avsim forum doesn't bring much anymore. Gone are the haydays ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sfinazzi said:

I'm talking about the latest Prepar3Dv4.5 Professional Plus edition I have. I have lots of add-ons which would work in v3 but not in mine. I definitely don't want to spend more money on new payware now.

 "spending" $2300 on the Pro Plus version of P3d, additional addons will be pocket change. 


Dave Hazell

i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V4.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely most of the major add-ons have been updated to V4?  And I've never seen the comment that "this works in the Academic licence but not Professional" although presumably there is stuff out there for which the opposite isn't true.



 

ngxu_banner.png                   NAX3142.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's stay on the topic. I'm in the FSX forum and I'm looking for people who know how to edit WOAI files, specifically flightplans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The one-click installer at AIG is not for FSX, so that won't help you.  

But, AIG is still your place to go.   They have tons of up to date AI packages that can be installed into FSX with the freeware AIFP program.   

Now, it may sound daunting, but once you get the hang of it, its not at all complicated to add, delete and modify AI so that FSX is up to date.     My AI collection contains 1379 separate plans, all of which were hand added to P3d.   I modify the plans constantly using AIFP.    I did the EXACT same thing when I had FSX installed.   No problems at all.     Heck, there even some die-hard FS9 users over at AIG and they're still using this method to modify their sim

Wouldn't recommend the WoAI stuff as its way too old and inaccurate now.    AIG has multiple forums with multiple contributors that keep plans and paints up to date.     I mean, if you're going to even think about modifying the old WoAI stuff, you'd be doing the same thing with AIFP anyway, why not use more up to date packages which are added almost daily.    Great crowd over at AIG, very helpful (if I do say so myself).   Come over, register at the forums and check out tons of great add-on material.   It's all free, its kept up to date all the time.   The forum community is thriving.  

  

Edited by jhaley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jhaley said:

The one-click installer at AIG is not for FSX, so that won't help you.  

But, AIG is still your place to go.   They have tons of up to date AI packages that can be installed into FSX with the freeware AIFP program.   

Now, it may sound daunting, but once you get the hang of it, its not at all complicated to add, delete and modify AI so that FSX is up to date.     My AI collection contains 1379 separate plans, all of which were hand added to P3d.   I modify the plans constantly using AIFP.    I did the EXACT same thing when I had FSX installed.   No problems at all.     Heck, there even some die-hard FS9 users over at AIG and they're still using this method to modify their sim

Wouldn't recommend the WoAI stuff as its way too old and inaccurate now.    AIG has multiple forums with multiple contributors that keep plans and paints up to date.     I mean, if you're going to even think about modifying the old WoAI stuff, you'd be doing the same thing with AIFP anyway, why not use more up to date packages which are added almost daily.    Great crowd over at AIG, very helpful (if I do say so myself).   Come over, register at the forums and check out tons of great add-on material.   It's all free, its kept up to date all the time.   The forum community is thriving.  

  

Now I can see light at the end of the tunnel, how we say in Switzerland! Without having seen your post I came to the same conclusion (just about an hour ago) that AIFP would be the way to go. I do agree your remark concerning WoAI.

Thank you, jhaley to confirm what I now think would be the best (for FSX). Only, when I look at the pdf which explains how to useAIFP, all looks like Chinese to me. Would you eventually care to help me get going, just by installing one plane and making one flightplan for, let's say HELVETIC or any other small airline?, could be done via Skype.That would me get going. Your help would be so much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sfinazzi said:

I see that posting something on the mighty avsim forum doesn't bring much anymore. Gone are the haydays ...

Well fewer people are using FSX now than the heydays.  I wouldn't blame AVSim for that.  🙂  Best wishes in resolving your issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...