Sign in to follow this  
sfinazzi

Want to create my own AI traffic within FSX

Hi everyone,
after some absence from FS, I have come back, installed Perpar3dv4.5 which I don't like, which, for the obvious reason of lack of add-ons I don't like, and good old FSX. This is the one I have most experience with and tons and tons of add-ons are available.
I am now looking to integrate AI traffic but even for FSX there is nowadays a lack of good payware available. I'm coming back to World of AI but their flightplans are mostly stone old. But imho there should be a possibility to install their packages and edit the flight plans and hopefully also edit aircraft.
Are there some members who have done/are doing this? I am pretty sure there must be some. If you are one of them, please be so kind and let me know. Your kind intervention will be very much appreciated!

Search for Alpha India Group, they have made a One click installer, which makes it easy to install all the ai you want. And best of all, it's FREE.

And it's offcourse with the latest models, repaints and flightplans.

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi Jom, thank you very much for your message. I do know AIG for a long time and am aware of their installer. I think, it's still in beta version now. Don't know if I c an edit WoAI packages with their new tool, will have to find out. Thanks. Edit: afaik the installer works only for Prepar3D.

Edited by sfinazzi

Lack of add-ons for P3D?  What is it you want that you can't get?

ngxu_banner.png

2 minutes ago, ailchim said:

I'm talking about the latest Prepar3Dv4.5 Professional Plus edition I have. I have lots of add-ons which would work in v3 but not in mine. I definitely don't want to spend more money on new payware now.

For FSX, check out the flight1.com website for: Air Traffic FX and Heli Traffic 2009, both of which are good for FSX. Also check out lorby-si.com for some decent payware stuff for messing around with A.I. as well as some freebie things which are good for tweaking A.I. too.

I can recommend Lorby's WAMA (where are my aircraft?) add-on for placing stuff from your fleet on the ramp too, I use that all the time to create backdrops for my videos and reviews and stuff. For example, this below of an airshow flight line display for a backdrop for a fly-by from the Flight Replicas Handley Page Halifax was made possible with Lorby's WAMA. In it, on the ground you can see the Aerosoft Catalina, Antonov AN2 and various Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven stuff including their Boeing B17F Flying Fortress, C-46 Curtiss Commando, Grumman F3F, Mitsubish A6M, Hawker Hurricane and Messerschmitt bf109E:

RWbRvjJ.png

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

52 minutes ago, ailchim said:

Wrong Forum!

Ernest Pergrem

I see that posting something on the mighty avsim forum doesn't bring much anymore. Gone are the haydays ...

16 hours ago, sfinazzi said:

I'm talking about the latest Prepar3Dv4.5 Professional Plus edition I have. I have lots of add-ons which would work in v3 but not in mine. I definitely don't want to spend more money on new payware now.

"spending" $2300 on the Pro Plus version of P3d, additional addons will be pocket change. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Surely most of the major add-ons have been updated to V4?  And I've never seen the comment that "this works in the Academic licence but not Professional" although presumably there is stuff out there for which the opposite isn't true.

ngxu_banner.png

Let's stay on the topic. I'm in the FSX forum and I'm looking for people who know how to edit WOAI files, specifically flightplans.

The one-click installer at AIG is not for FSX, so that won't help you.  

But, AIG is still your place to go.   They have tons of up to date AI packages that can be installed into FSX with the freeware AIFP program.   

Now, it may sound daunting, but once you get the hang of it, its not at all complicated to add, delete and modify AI so that FSX is up to date.     My AI collection contains 1379 separate plans, all of which were hand added to P3d.   I modify the plans constantly using AIFP.    I did the EXACT same thing when I had FSX installed.   No problems at all.     Heck, there even some die-hard FS9 users over at AIG and they're still using this method to modify their sim

Wouldn't recommend the WoAI stuff as its way too old and inaccurate now.    AIG has multiple forums with multiple contributors that keep plans and paints up to date.     I mean, if you're going to even think about modifying the old WoAI stuff, you'd be doing the same thing with AIFP anyway, why not use more up to date packages which are added almost daily.    Great crowd over at AIG, very helpful (if I do say so myself).   Come over, register at the forums and check out tons of great add-on material.   It's all free, its kept up to date all the time.   The forum community is thriving.  

Edited by jhaley

42 minutes ago, jhaley said:

The one-click installer at AIG is not for FSX, so that won't help you.  

But, AIG is still your place to go.   They have tons of up to date AI packages that can be installed into FSX with the freeware AIFP program.   

Now, it may sound daunting, but once you get the hang of it, its not at all complicated to add, delete and modify AI so that FSX is up to date.     My AI collection contains 1379 separate plans, all of which were hand added to P3d.   I modify the plans constantly using AIFP.    I did the EXACT same thing when I had FSX installed.   No problems at all.     Heck, there even some die-hard FS9 users over at AIG and they're still using this method to modify their sim

Wouldn't recommend the WoAI stuff as its way too old and inaccurate now.    AIG has multiple forums with multiple contributors that keep plans and paints up to date.     I mean, if you're going to even think about modifying the old WoAI stuff, you'd be doing the same thing with AIFP anyway, why not use more up to date packages which are added almost daily.    Great crowd over at AIG, very helpful (if I do say so myself).   Come over, register at the forums and check out tons of great add-on material.   It's all free, its kept up to date all the time.   The forum community is thriving.  

Now I can see light at the end of the tunnel, how we say in Switzerland! Without having seen your post I came to the same conclusion (just about an hour ago) that AIFP would be the way to go. I do agree your remark concerning WoAI.

Thank you, jhaley to confirm what I now think would be the best (for FSX). Only, when I look at the pdf which explains how to useAIFP, all looks like Chinese to me. Would you eventually care to help me get going, just by installing one plane and making one flightplan for, let's say HELVETIC or any other small airline?, could be done via Skype.That would me get going. Your help would be so much appreciated!

4 hours ago, sfinazzi said:

I see that posting something on the mighty avsim forum doesn't bring much anymore. Gone are the haydays ...

Well fewer people are using FSX now than the heydays.  I wouldn't blame AVSim for that.  🙂  Best wishes in resolving your issues.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors