Sign in to follow this  
Connor_

Pilot2ATC Departing/Arriving Runway

Hey, Connor here. 

So I’m making a flight plan to KDEN (Denver) to KMCO (Orlando) and I’m listening to the ATIS and got the departing runway and placed that into my simbrief but how can I get the arrival runway for Orlando so that it is the correct one for their arrivals?? Would I have to change it getting closer to Denver which would seem quite challenging as I’m trying to descend and begin my approach. How would I get my arrival runway from KDEN for KMCO ATIS? Also, How can I get WorldTraffic3 to also use the correct runways for arrivals and departures so that it’s all synced and correct so I don’t have planes landing as I’m taking off. 

Sorry if this is confusing, I just want to use the right runways and not select a random one.

Cheers, 

connor 

There are numerous ways to get KMCO info.  One easy way is to just click on the line in the flight plan for KMCO and then press the Info button to the right of the flight plan and all the info for KMCO will pop up.

Of course, on a long flight like that, things could change while you are en-route.  So about 4 minutes before the descent, ATC will tell you what Arrival, Runway and Approach to expect.

25 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

There are numerous ways to get KMCO info.  One easy way is to just click on the line in the flight plan for KMCO and then press the Info button to the right of the flight plan and all the info for KMCO will pop up.

Of course, on a long flight like that, things could change while you are en-route.  So about 4 minutes before the descent, ATC will tell you what Arrival, Runway and Approach to expect.

I’ll take a look, thanks! I was on approach to Denver before and they said Expect Runway 34L which I originally placed in simbrief and filled but it wasn’t the actual arriving runway because as I landed there was a plane coming in from the opposite direction. So I was kinda annoyed that I wasn’t on the right runway. I thought you would have to put the arrival in on the MCDU while stationary as you couldn’t change the arrival in flight??? yfK1K6rr.jpg9C4yioir.png

That’s my arrival to KDEN  ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Can I also change the departing runway in P2A too? 

Finally, so sorry for all this! As I was departing KMCO, I got clearance to take off but then two planes went one after another and took off even though I had clearance. I’m using WT3 so I’m not too sure if I forgot to say holding at the runway via WT3 ATC but I’m pretty sure I did and they also gave me clearance to takeoff but yet there was two planes going... 

Connor 

Unfortunately WT3 and other traffic engines are doing their own thing and P2A has no way to know what runways they are using, etc.

You can force P2A to use any runway, regardless of winds.  To do that you:

1. Check Force Pilot Runway Selection option on the FltPlan tab of Config
  2. In the SID selection window, check the "Force Dep Rwy" option and select the desired Runway
  3. Select a SID or press the Set Rwy button
  4. In the STAR or Approach window, check the "Force Arr Rwy" option and select the desired Runway
  5. Select the STAR or Approach or press the Set Rwy button

So you can "force" P2A to use the runways that WT3 or other engines are telling you to use.

Of course, if the engine allows you to select the runways, then you can let P2A pick the runways and force the traffic engine to use those.