Sign in to follow this  
andysim212

SID conflicting Altitudes

So I have twice in 2 flight I had ATC Asking me to climb (FL80) as planned, but then I get calls that I need to decend (Altitude Restrictions in the SID)

How do I stop this happening?

Not sure if this will help, but in real life some places in the world issue a departure clearance that states “climb 8000’ via the SID” which means you are cleared to climb to 8000 ft but you must comply with all speed and altitude restrictions in the SID. Same goes with arrival STARs, where you might get cleared to 3000 ft but there maybe many speed and altitude constraints on the way down.

You don’t tell us what airport or what runway and SID you are referring to or even if you are using online ATC so I’m only guessing about your situation.

Trust this helps

IM

The thing is though sometimes Pilot2ATC tells you to climb over and over again repeatedly until you climb. The very moment you comply he busts you and tells to to descend again. It doesn’t happen very often, but I’d say it’s happened about 3 times for me since the last update.

Cheers, Andy.

Iceman2 is absolutely right. Even if you get a release on e.g. 8000 ft, you have to stick to the restrictions given in the charts.

this is not a bug of P2A

regards

ReinerOnTour

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

You aren’t understanding what I meant, one moment ATC is telling you to climb to the level you were cleared to when you received your clearance. If you stay at the height restriction in the SID Then ATC will every 30 seconds or so keep telling you to climb to some a higher level. He won’t stop asking you to until you climb. The moment you do climb he tells you to descend again to the level you just left.

The bug is the controller continually asking you to climb when the SID tells you you cannot. Of course though ATC can clear you to a higher level than the restriction, if spacing and traffic allows it. If he does allow you higher he shouldn’t then be telling you in the next breath to descend again.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Andydigital

Cheers, Andy.

Andyd digital

I see what you mean.

The one thing is a release at a certain height.

The other thing is an instruction to hold a certain height.

That must have something to do with the settings of P2A. Because I don't have these problems with my flights.

But that's probably where Dave can best help us.

regards

ReinerOnTour

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

Make sure you're running the latest version 2.6.0.0R3.

There were some bugs with this in an earlier version.

If you're running the current version and this is happening, please email the P2A log file to me so I can get it fixed for the next update.

P2A Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  

Dave

Hopefully I’ll get it again soon Dave, but it’s a rare thing like I mentioned earlier. I’m using the latest build, not sure if I updated from beta 3 though, I’ll check tomorrow.

Edited by Andydigital

Cheers, Andy.

I've got 2.6.0.0_R3_b1 installed I presume this is the same as the released version Dave, but just to confirm I'll update anyway.

Cheers, Andy.

Actually, you should download the 2.6.0.0_R3 update from the web site and install it.

Then, if you get this problem again, send me the P2A log file so I can check what's going on.

P2A Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  
Dave

I did update on Tuesday and so far in about 5 flights I`ve not come across it again, but to be fair it was rare anyway. I`ll save the logs if it does do it again.

Cheers, Andy.

Just bought Pilot2ATC and am loving it!

Was this resolved? I’ve installed 2.6.1.1_x64_R3 with x-plane and I’m having the same conflict flying the TECKY3 departure from KSJC. There’s a 5000’ restriction at SPTNS but I’m repeatedly asked to climb to assigned altitude after leveling off at 5000’ before reaching SPTNS, and if I do start to climb I’m immediately asked to descend to 5000’ until reaching SPTNS. 

Thanks,

Dave

If you could send me  the log file from that flight I can have a look.  The controller should only bug you to climb above 5000 after passing SPTNS.  

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  

eMail to me at (admin@pilot2atc.com).  

Thanks,

Dave