Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

QW 787 and Simbrief

Posted (edited)

Hi all just trying to work out the figures.

This is for the 787 900 - total passengers is 285.

Now the QW787 dispatcher has 1 passenger loaded as 210lbs.  Total passengers for the plane is 285 so total passenger weight will be 59 850lbs (285*210lbs).  With Simbrief I've selected the weight of a passenger as the same (210lbs).

To get the sums right I modified the ZFW of the dispatcher by adding another 59,850lbs.

I did this so the MTOW and ZFW could be matched with the dispatcher otherwise the ZFW/TOW would be out due to the passenger weights compared to what Simbrief calculated.

Does anyone get me? Am I correct lol?

Edited by VBHB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Default SimBrief setting calculates 175 lbs per pax plus 55 lbs per bag for a total of 230 lbs.

it then automatically calculates total pax weight and adds it to the ZFW.

I don't believe you want to add total pax weight to the default ZFW in the aircraft profile, if that's what you are doing.

By the way, you can edit SimBrief pax settings to match any aircraft in your inventory.

Regards, Bill

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, bill62 said:

Default SimBrief setting calculates 175 lbs per pax plus 55 lbs per bag for a total of 230 lbs.

it then automatically calculates total pax weight and adds it to the ZFW.

I don't believe you want to add total pax weight to the default ZFW in the aircraft profile, if that's what you are doing.

By the way, you can edit SimBrief pax settings to match any aircraft in your inventory.

Regards, Bill

Hey Bill. 

I'm keeping the passenger weight to 210 and just moving the payload sliders until it matches the Simbriefs TOW in the created flightbriefing.

So usually bulk cargo is full in the middle and I play around with the front and aft cargo until it matches the required TOW.

But the front and aft cargo isn't that much. I think I need to modify the ZFW by only how much luggage simbrief automatically adds even with different passenger weights.

It always loads 55lbs of luggage even with 1lb passenger weight?

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 1