Sign in to follow this  
Holmespower1

Database not found (resolved)

When the GTN 750 starts up i get to the database section and it says "Database not found" on all the items listed. I am using the default xplane 11 database is their a way to get that to work?

Run the Trainer by itself. Does the problem still occur?

David Porrett

5 hours ago, Holmespower1 said:

What do you mean by: run the trainer by itself?

The Garmin Trainer which drives the RXP. The installer should ask you to download and install it.

David Porrett

I found this: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\ in the manual but when i look in there isn't a application or exe to run. I also found on RXP's post at the top of forum a section of database's under the trainer installer. I started to download the first one (DBs1).

Download and run the very first link - the "Launcher" link

David Porrett

C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin\GTN Simulator.exe

Bert

The database setup wont run it says "source file not found E:\DBs1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." I am installing DBs1 at the moment as well as all the other files.

also that  C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin\GTN Simulator.exe only brings up the GTN 750 with a black screen and something else that has a speed slider and altitude rocker, and heading rocker.

Edited by Holmespower1

I get the same black screen when running the Trainer by itself, but the GTN works in the airplane.. so that is OK..

As for the DBs, you need to have all DB.cab files downloaded in a folder before you can install them. You cannot install just DB1.. and the install file needs to be in the same folder also.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert