Sign in to follow this  
flyer4

Ezdok V3 and RXP GNS 530W error

ezdokerror.jpg

Before anybody says that I should contact Ezdok about this, it was working without any issues before I installed 530W V2. Above is the error I get with Ezdok after installing 530W V2. Has anybody else had this issue? Using Windows 10 and FSX-SE. If I only install 530W V2 it works great and visa versa but not with both products installed. Anyways I can contact Ezdok as well but just wanted to post here too if it's something that can be looked into on the RealityXP side. Thanks!

Edited by flyer4
linked image

I looked at my corresponding file location and see that file is time and date stamped based on the time I exited FSX after my most recent flight this evening.  i.e Today.  In my case the version of the file has nothing to do with any recent installation as I have not installed, reinstalled, or updated any of my flight sim related products in the past 10 days. But again, that file was rewritten to some extent late today at the end of my most recent session.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

is the path valid on your system?

When the message box shows up, before closing it, can you cross check what files do you have in this folder?

Also, it looks like it is trying to open a 'backup' copy of the file (.bak) and you my want to ask them what this is about. They might have a new version with a fix.

Otherwise, I fail to see for now what could the GNS do to prevent opening a file in a folder it has no interactions at all!?!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I did a clean install, etc... today so I'm very confused as well. Again as soon as I install 530W V2 it causes that error in Ezdok and mostly posting to see if anybody else has had this happen. The path in the message box is not valid which is why it can't find the file, the correct path is in the FSX folder.

That was my main question that 530W V2 and Ezdok don't share or interact with any of the same files/folder? Besides core FSX files/folders? 

Anyways thanks for the replies and by the way 530W is a great product so no complaints about the product itself. Also, I will go to Ezdok and ask there. 

On 7/6/2019 at 7:29 PM, flyer4 said:

Using Windows 10 and FSX-SE

3 hours ago, flyer4 said:

The path in the message box is not valid which is why it can't find the file, the correct path is in the FSX folder.

I'm sorry I didn't catch the FSX vs FSX-SE in your question initially. 

I'm wondering if you are using FSX-SE why do you expect the path to be in FSX? You might want to review whether the DLL.xml is not altered?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks Nickbe and will do. 

The path file on my system is AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Controls/...bak even though I have FSX-SE installed 

I looked at the DLL.xml and looks unaltered.