Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dimon1971

ATC instructions

Guest Allsource

I'm a pilot who mainly flies commercial flights and I love the ability to make my flight simulation as realistic as possible. Especially by adding AFCAD to airports and adding every AI plane as possible. However, even if I open up multiple runways, even crossing, I still have bottlenecks at runways. I would like to see more efficient instructions given by ATC to increase the takeoff flow and reduce go-arounds.If there are parallel runways at any airport, one should be for landing and the other for takeoff.ON TAKEOFF:Quicker runway line up speed from holding short. When the aircraft first achieves a positive rate of climb the tower would give takeoff clearance to the next plane before asking the climbing plane to change frequencies.ON APPROACH:SmoothAI should be implemented and say within 10 NM out from landing all aircraft should be told to reduce speed to, let's say, 150-160kts. This should help with the spacing issue.ON LANDING/TAXING:Right now AI traffic comes to a complete stop on the runway prior to proceeding to the next taxiway and when they do that they are really slow. Instead of coming to a complete stop MS should simply state that once AI traffic comes down to 20kts or so then it goes to the next taxiway at that speed. This should reduce the go-arounds and the wait for me to takeoff

Hi,I'll add another one:ON TAKEOFF:Once a landing aircraft has slowed to below 40 kts and no other aircraft has been cleared to land on that runway, the next plane waiting for takeoff should be told to position and hold on the runway.Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Allsource

That's another great one. This would definitely increase the flow of aircraft. For MS to do these things wouldn't be impossible, it simply changing some conditional codes in the program.

Guest tcable

Native support for crossing runways based on winds even if only configurable via afcad or the future equivalent. Some airports will do crossing runway ops (KBOS, KORD, KCVG), some will not (KPVD) so defining it is vital. The framework idea mentioned in the recent past.

Guest Dimon1971

Also, when visibility is higher than 3nm, Tower usually allow landing of the second plane even if 1st plane that just landed is still on runaway and seeking for exit.Would be glad to have this feature also in FSX.