Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

Flightplan contains unknown locked waypoints

I have just started using LNM. Excellent product.

But every time I export a flight plan from LNM, when I then import it into P3D Flight1 GTN Complete, I get a message saying:

Flight Plan Issue
Flight plan contains unknown waypoints. Invalid flight plan waypoints locked.

There were 8 waypoints in the LNM plan - all airports except for one VOR which was the 7th waypoint.

GTN said LOCKED where the 6th waypoint should have been, and completely ignored waypoint 7, the VOR.

It turns out that the airport I had picked for the 6th waypoint is no longer in service (EGTG), yet still appears in the LNM database.

Is there a way to manually remove aged data such as this from the data base in LNM? Or can I update the database to a later version?

What is more of a problem is the fact that LNM failed to add the VOR to the flight plan, and that VOR is available in GTN and LNM. 

Regards,

Edited by SledDriver
Added more info

That sound like your useing different airac cycles. Yes LNM can use latest Airac. Even then I still find the odd problems as my sim nav data is not up to date...but everything else is 

My home in sim is Sion airport in the Swiss alps. The IGS 25 approach changed dramatically with new cycles, loosing the MOT VOR. But it’s still there and useable in the sim.

Luke Pype

6 hours ago, SledDriver said:

But every time I export a flight plan from LNM, when I then import it into P3D Flight1 GTN Complete, I get a message saying:

Is there a way to manually remove aged data such as this from the data base in LNM? Or can I update the database to a later version?

What is more of a problem is the fact that LNM failed to add the VOR to the flight plan, and that VOR is available in GTN and LNM.

The problem is not with LNM it's with the GTN's they use the Garmin Trainer and it uses the airac 1803 cycle. So to match, your simulator and LNM have to be using the same cycle. Even if you go get LNM at 1803 then it won't match your sim.

I understand why because in the real world the GTN updates are $129 for a single update or $299 for an annual subscription. It's the only downside to the GTN's they don't update their airac cycles often and so it's near impossible to match every plane, tool and utility to the released Garmin Trainer you have and it's even worst if you want to fly online ATC which use the latest cycles.

The point is that it's relatively simple to edit those waypoints, just store the flight plan and then edit the flight plan in the gtn it's takes me a minute to do and you can do it as your flying.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Cool. As expected. Just wanted to check it wasn't a bug.

Although it seems that GTN (which is running a recent database) is more up to date than LNM in this case.

Airport EGTG is no longer in service, and isn't in the GTN database any more, but it is still in LNM.

Maybe it's just my bad luck that the first few routes I did in LNM all had locked waypoints in GTN. I understand how t work around it, but it's just a bit of a nuisance.

Cheers,

7 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Maybe it's just my bad luck that the first few routes I did in LNM all had locked waypoints in GTN. I understand how t work around it, but it's just a bit of a nuisance.

It would be a bigger nuisance if you have to use the default FSX/P3D GNS trust me.

In LNM under Scenery Library 4- Navigraph what cycle do you have ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD