Sign in to follow this  
pmb

GTN 750 Popup under Virtual Reality? (resolved)

Hi,

to begin with, I am new to the RealityXP Universe. I just bought and installed the GTN 750 unter Prepar3d4.5 and my first impression on a 2D screen is very positive. Clear display, intuitive haptics and a host of possibilities - just great.

My main aim was usage under VR though (WMR Acer AH101 at that time). I am mainly flying GA, notably the Alabeo C172RG, but also own the A2A C172, the Carenado C182 and a few more. I understand I can't simply integrate the RXP 750 into the 172RG ("Cutlass") panel (or can I?).

Thus, I tried the popup. When I start the sim the RXP popup is shown indeed. After switching Avionics on, it does work, I can zoom the map, press buttons with the mouse etc. However, there are a couple of issues.

- The GTN750 is sitting directly in front of me, which certainly isn't the optimum place for piloting a plane... I am unable to move or resize it in any way using the mouse. I know XP users have those green bars for that purpose, but what is the equivalent under Prepar3d?

- The GTN750 is very blurry, way beyond the general little blurriness in 3D of the other gauges etc.

I already made a search, but contrary to the GTN750 under XP where I found a number of contributions, I couldn't find anything helpful for Prepar3d. So, either it's just impossible or trivial...

Thanks a lot for any helping hand,

Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

No one able to help? So I'm lost in virtual reality...😭

With best regards from a sad Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 minutes ago, pmb said:

No one able to help? So I'm lost in virtual reality...😭

With best regards from a sad Michael

Michael,
Allow more time. Not all of us fellow users are up to P3D yet and I would guess much fewer into VR.  So the population of those who can help is likely small and it may take time for them to notice your post and respond.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 hours ago, pmb said:

, but contrary to the GTN750 under XP where I found a number of contributions, I couldn't find anything helpful for Prepar3d.

Hi,

I even think ouf of the 13000+ messages in our forums this might be the first VR question for P3D!

We have honestly zero P3D VR Experience so I guess it will take time.

As for the windows, there is nothing special: these are standard panel.cfg windows, which means anything you can do with a popup window in VR you can do with the GTN popup window too. Therefore I'd tend to think the limitation about moving the window is P3D related (of course, if you popup no-bezel there is no 'space' left around the screen to grab because the entire window surface which grabs the mouse for the touchscreen. In this case, you might want to try configuring a 'border.size=' in the ini file.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi,

I even think ouf of the 13000+ messages in our forums this might be the first VR question for P3D!

We have honestly zero P3D VR Experience so I guess it will take time.

As for the windows, there is nothing special: these are standard panel.cfg windows, which means anything you can do with a popup window in VR you can do with the GTN popup window too. Therefore I'd tend to think the limitation about moving the window is P3D related (of course, if you popup no-bezel there is no 'space' left around the screen to grab because the entire window surface which grabs the mouse for the touchscreen. In this case, you might want to try configuring a 'border.size=' in the ini file.

Thank you very much. I was indeed quite surprised that after a search I found virtually no usage reports from P3D users...

I'll try your border.size suggestion. Another alternative I'll try is to insert the RXP as a gauge into a plane with GPS support.

I'll report in case I find something usable.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

I tried configuring border.size but no luck. The bezel is actually shown, I just can't grip it using the mouse.

All other functions work beautifully, I can press the buttons, the display shows the map (I tried the A2A C172 and it's not blurry there). There remains the issue I can't move or resize the GNS as a whole.

Kind regards, Michael

For those running into the same question, I found the solution (admittedly, after a couple of hours of search):

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/548530-2d-panels-in-44-vr/

Controls

• Translate: LeftMouseDown + Shift 
  • Rotate X Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + ScrollWheel
  • Rotate Y Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + '
  • Rotate Z Axis: LeftMouseDown + Ctrl + PlusKey
  • Uniform Scale: LeftMouseDown + Shift + Ctrl
  • Resize Panel: LeftMouseDown + Shift + Tab

NOTE: The Virtual Reality cursor must be hovering over the panel to move it.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 8:01 PM, jackaustin said:

no response.

I believe you've posted this in the wrong forum?!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)