Sign in to follow this  
flyhighs

Quality Wings Control Surfaces not moving

Dear All,

I'm a recent user of QualityWings B787. I find everything fine as it should be with this aircraft. However, I'm facing an issue of moving control surfaces like Aileron and Elevator. I use NUM8 and NUM2 for Elevator (in FSX) and NUM4 and NUM6 for ailerons. But whenever I'm pressing these it seems jammed. Also a test of Control surfaces does not move elevator up and down. Picture attached.

https://ibb.co/g9JnZNy

Could someone please help me here. Thanks!

Do you have a controller?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

I would have to guess, not, if he is using a number pad. I have to admit though absolute admiration for anyone who can fly any aircraft well using the number pad as those difficulties brought about my first purchase of the CH products yoke and then the pedals many, many mango seasons ago.

For the OP,

1. A warm welcome to the forum. I hope you have many enjoyable hours perusing what is available here and taking advantage of the advice available as well.

2. If you do not have a yoke/pedals set-up or at least a joystick of some kind, I think a majority of simmers would recommend the purchase of same.

I am actually astounded to hear about this as it is something I have not given a thought to for years (My bad I guess)

As for sorting out your problem, I would have no idea where to start but some others here may be able to help you out.

Best of luck

Tony

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

14 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

ope you have many enjoyable hours perusing what is available here and taking advantage of the advice available as we

Thanks so much for the warm welcome !!

21 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Do you have a controller?

I'm using a keyboard and FSX is the Sim platform. Currently after several flights (triages) with the newly purchased QWB787, I have got a way around though. I'm using a larger stab/trim of around 7 to get the 90% loaded airplane to get off from RW at decent attitude and at around 170KTs. This is just making me fly and enjoy the fantastic plane.

But, the question remains why should I not be able to move any of the control surfaces, be it ailerons or stabilizer(Elevators). Hope, I could get some expert advice/suggestions. Thanks so much !! 😊

14 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Jim,

I would have to guess, not, if he is using a number pad. I have to admit though absolute admiration for anyone who can fly any aircraft well using the number pad as those difficulties brought about my first purchase of the CH products yoke and then the pedals many, many mango seasons ago.

For the OP,

1. A warm welcome to the forum. I hope you have many enjoyable hours perusing what is available here and taking advantage of the advice available as well.

2. If you do not have a yoke/pedals set-up or at least a joystick of some kind, I think a majority of simmers would recommend the purchase of same.

I am actually astounded to hear about this as it is something I have not given a thought to for years (My bad I guess)

As for sorting out your problem, I would have no idea where to start but some others here may be able to help you out.

Best of luck

Tony

Thanks so much for the warm welcome !! I really appreciate your response.