Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Flight 1 Garmin GTN 750

I recently purchased the Flight 1 GTN 750 add on for FSXSE.  I have been having problems with ATC giving me random vectors while under flight guidance via the GTN 750.  Also I am very disappointed that you can’t update the maps on the GTN 750 at a reasonable cost.   You can purchase a one time update from Garmin for $129. And I am not sure it would update the Flight 1 Version?

Should Flight 1 still be selling this product?  Any other owners of the GTN 750 care to chime in?  How are you currently using this add on?

Thanks!

Edited by Skyseek

I've had the Flight 1 GTN 750 for a number of years and wouldn't fly without it. Because it uses the Garmin Trainer updating the database is dependent on when the trainer gets updated. I pretty much use it for all my flights and fly mostly in the US and find that most of the different types of Instrument approaches are mostly available.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the reply.... 

You don’t have any problems other add ons that use Navigraph having approaches missing in the GTN 750?

Thanks again....

I've actually had more issues with missing way points with Navigraph  then I do with the GTN 750, and I update my Navigraph every cycle. But I fly mostly GA aircraft so if you fly the large jets the FMS updated with Navigraph might work better for you.

Cheers

Martin

1 hour ago, Skyseek said:

Thanks for the reply.... 

You don’t have any problems other add ons that use Navigraph having approaches missing in the GTN 750?

Thanks again....

Would help greatly if you provided more insight, such as where you are flying.  Are the airports default or addon? etc.  Please be specific.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The GTN 750 will provide some arrivals at major airports, but not what is available when using Navigraph. My version of the GTN 750 only has the CLANG5, DECEE5 and RACYR2 STARs at KIND. I believe you can select the STAR when using Pilot 2ATC, if so select one that the GTN 750 has might be an option, otherwise probably stick with a Navaid that uses Navigraph?

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

If you had a real GTN gauge in your airplane, you would be using the same navdata.. This gauge is mainly used by GA pilots, not airline pilots who use FMCs..

Bert