Sign in to follow this  
environmental_ice

Aerosoft Professional A320/321/319 Project Airbus Merge

Is it possible to merge the VC on the Aerosoft Professional with the Project Airbus model? (P3D V4.5) I have found a thread but I believe its talking about the Airbus X and its from 2013 so I was pretty sure that's not what I want to follow. 

kinda expecting a few people to tell me to get the FSLabs bus but I wanted to see if this was possible first. Thank you

May I ask out of interest what benefits there may be with such a merge over and above the full blown Aerosoft Professional itself? Are the Project Airbus models superior in some respect to those of Aerosoft?

9 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

May I ask out of interest what benefits there may be with such a merge over and above the full blown Aerosoft Professional itself? Are the Project Airbus models superior in some respect to those of Aerosoft?

I was kinda wondering the same thing. To my eyes, the exterior model of the AS bus is very good. 

You could always ask AS, no second thoughts, perhaps not such a good idea 😁

Why? what does the Project Airbus bring to the table the AS bus does not? 

The AS Bus is a really good price for anyone looking for an Entry-level Airbus. It's not designed to compete with others so as long as it meets your needs for the price its a no brainer.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Wingflex is the only thing I can think of that the Project Airbus offers but Aerosoft one does not. Otherwise, I really like the 3D model of the Aerosoft Airbus, all variants, and as such, I also do not see any reason to invest time for a merger here...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The add-ones in 2019 are so complex that word "merge" alone is like a "typewriter". Useless.

• Like 1

For a little fun, I have just merged the Project Airbus A320 model with the Airbus Professional VC. Most of what you need works (still a problem with landing lights and probably a few other things), but what has struck me is that the rather absurd and totally unphysical "wing wave" which has been observed to be executed on an ILS approach seems to have disappeared (I used the FSiPanel 2017 tool to set up the approach, well recommended by the way). Early days yet since I have made a few scenery changes which may have swung things, but early indications are good, particularly if you can eliminate the wing wave phenomenon which Aerosoft claim they cannot fix (this is very annoying and unsafe when on an ILS approach).

Footnote:

I have tried another approach with different scenery (Sydney YSSY) and the wing wave is still there with the merged model. So phenomenon is possibly scenery-related (not wishing to go off thread).

Edited by LecLightning56

30 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

For a little fun, I have just merged the Project Airbus A320 model with the Airbus Professional VC. Most of what you need works (still a problem with landing lights and probably a few other things), but what has struck me is that the rather absurd and totally unphysical "wing wave" which has been observed to be executed on an ILS approach seems to have disappeared (I used the FSiPanel 2017 tool to set up the approach, well recommended by the way). Early days yet since I have made a few scenery changes which may have swung things, but early indications are good, particularly if you can eliminate the wing wave phenomenon which Aerosoft claim they cannot fix (this is very annoying and unsafe when on an ILS approach).

Footnote:

I have tried another approach with different scenery (Sydney YSSY) and the wing wave is still there with the merged model. So phenomenon is possibly scenery-related (not wishing to go off thread).

I think you might be getting them mixed up the AS bus does not have wing flex? so I don't know how "Aerosoft claim they cannot fix" fix what? am confused. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I think you might be getting them mixed up the AS bus does not have wing flex? so I don't know how "Aerosoft claim they cannot fix" fix what? am confused. 

Dave,

When I stated "wing wave" I meant the aircraft physically rolls to the right (not the wing flexing in any respect). This is completely unphysical and the FSLabs A320 is completely void of this issue.

• Like 1