Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Multiple copies

Yes, also, from the hi-res thread:Before all the addons, I could crank everything on my AthlonXP 2400 with 1GB DDR333 RAM and a 128MB Radeon 9600 Pro. I have a bunch of addons on there now, and it's still running pretty nicely as long as I don't go hardcore on the traffic.

Guest PC509

I run 2 copies on 2 computers. Mostly for redundancy. I use a lot of addon's, and have had to resort to using the other one for the backup files. :) After I do my next upgrade, though, I'm looking at a nice WideView install. I'll have the horsepower and monitors to pull it off. Plus, when I make add-on's, I like testing it on the one with Ultimate Terrain, FSGenesis, etc.. and the default install.

Guest GA Flyer

Thanks for the question.One copy, one machine.Hope this helps.Jack

I do not use WidevieW now, but I would not hesitate to buy multiple copies of FS if the same capability was supported directly by FS, or via an "official" API. Hope the reason is obvious, but I will be happy to explain further if not.

One copy, one machine, too many add ons :-)Cheers and thanks for asking.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Hi,Currently one copy, one machine. I used to run the same copy of FS on a dual boot machine (one FS install for each Windows install). I used FSGS service and since removed the dual boot because it was dragging my machine down (it really was!).Hope this helps,Tom

I have it installed on 2 machines, a desktop and a laptop. I'm currently studying ATPL ground school in Florida, having my laptop with me and I've left my desktop back in the UK. I hope this is OK?

Alaister Kay

Guest christian

- I play FS at different locations (home, office, laptop).I'm a strong supporter of the concept that you should be allowed multiple installs if (and only if) you're only running one instance at a time (eg home vs laptop on the road). If laptop and home computer are being used at the same time by 2 different people (spouse/kids), then it's fair enough if it's required to buy a second copy.Christian

One copy, one machine as well. A boatload of addons make the yearly blowout/reinstall a major marathon, but there's just nothin' like a clean install :)DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 256MB ATI Radeon X800 XT (Catalyst 5.14) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Currently I run two copies, one on my desktop and one on my laptop. But my kids are getting older, so I will be getting another copy or two or three to put on their computers.Plus I'm starting this business, so I will need a copy for each computer I use for that as the business grows. Currently I have two.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

1 copy on 0 machines... I go in cycles with games/simulations. Actually spend more time reading forums than I do playing!!!Though with the new version coming out much later this year, I will probably update that to 1 copy on 1 machine :)

Dreams Never Die, Just The Dreamer...

Guest Daniel Pimentel

2 copies, one on my C drive and one on my external hard-drive (300GB dedicated almost entirely to FS, running on 40% right now).Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Bell206freak

To answer the question, I have two installs on the same computer.One installation I use for flying in default scenery, and the other I use for customizing with add-ons.Since I am also a 3rd-party scenery developer, the dual-installation also helps because both installations use the same "My Saved Flights" directory, which means that I can use the same flights on each install of Flight Simulator. It's really helpful in capturing screenshots, especially those "Before-and-After" types.