Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Autumn Trees in Summer

Hi Mates,

The screenshots below are from the recent Tivat scenery but I think I got that also in other addon sceneries.

I'm flying in summer and on this screenshot the autogen looks right (franck green):

autogen3.jpg

Now in some parts of the scenery I have this, the colour of the trees looks like we were in autumn. Please right click on the image/View to see the image full size.

autogen4.jpg

I wonder if it is normal? Or an effect of the angle of view/light? Once I read that a FlyTamp scenery generated some mess in the general autogent but I am not sure.

PS: I don't use shaders.

- TONY -

On my screen they do not look like autumn textures, more like textures that are a little bit oversaturated. Are you sure they are not coming with the scenery? Sometimes, when using FTX TreesHD, the trees from ORBX and the trees from certain sceneries simply do not match extremely well together, then it looks like on your picture...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hello Chris,

Thank you for jumping into my thread and for your view, much appreciated.

I don't have FTX TreesHD.

If the author of an addon changes the colour of the autogen trees within the limit of the scenery, it is OK but it has to be done consistently.

I'll try to zoom better on the autogen next time I make screenshots.

- TONY -

4 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Hello Chris,

Thank you for jumping into my thread and for your view, much appreciated.

I don't have FTX TreesHD.

If the author of an addon changes the colour of the autogen trees within the limit of the scenery, it is OK but it has to be done consistently.

I'll try to zoom better on the autogen next time I make screenshots.

I see what you are posting about. I would let the dev know you see a problem.  He’s probably the only one that can fix it. 

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Thank you Maurice, I will email the author and direct him to this thread.

Here is another screenshot. Click the Image to see fullsize.

There are 3 trees colour in the same area.

#1 colour is the most shocking to me. But maybe it is intended as the ground is "arid"?

#2 and 3  looks OK to me.

autogen5.jpg

Edited by Simicro
  • Upvote 1

- TONY -

Again the difference is only minor to me. Now that you are exactly aware about where one or the other tree variant is, could you go down and take a screenshot from one tree out of area 1 vs. one out of area 3? My guess: not the same tree textures are used. Besides the fact that those trees stand a little bit out due to the very bright ground vs. the dark green ground in area 3... I think it is just two different tree models/textures you see here. Could even be that the nice ones in area 2 and 3 are the ones from the scenery and area 3 are default trees from the sim.

In any case, I strongly suggest to take a look on FTX Trees HD or, alternatively, TerraFlora from Turbulent Design, personally I would not like to have my sim without any tree addon anymore...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

All I see are slight differences in tree type and density (based on the underlying ground textures).

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thank you all for your views.

I think I like uniformity in colours but Mother Nature does not see it that way all the time 😉

Besides, I received the answer of the author of Tivat:

I do not see any critically wrong colors. This is default autogen, depending on the landclass, different tree textures. You can use orbx trees, I recommend, it are better than default.

Subject over for me.

PS: independantly of this subject, I'm gonna try OrbX Tree as you suggested AnkH.

- TONY -

All of the trees in all three areas of your last picture are green. The only non-green color in area 1 is the dirt - and that looks right (or as right as p3d gets it). There are lots of places on mountains where trees don't grow because they're rock, not dirt. Here's a shot of the southern Rockies:

Sandia-Peak-Tram-distance.jpg

• Like 1