Sign in to follow this  
mestregroda

Will Radeon 5700XT faster than RTX 2080Ti, in MFS?

Ok so it is just my 2 cents...

Reviews worldwide show that Forza Horizon 4 which is a Microsoft title, is incredible fast using the New Radeon 5700XT.

Microsoft will use AMD CPU and GPU for the next gen Xbox. Microsoft pc game Forza Horizon has huge FPS using Radeon 5700XT

For me, it is crystal clear that using AMD CPU 3900x and GPU AMD 5700XT will be the sweetspot for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Source: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/amd_radeon_rx_5700_and_rx_5700_xt_review/9

I just put in a quick search and TechSpot shows it fast but not a top leader. I looked at a few others also. Mind sharing a link. I would be interested in the results your seeing. It looks great for a $400 card. Thanks

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

You know that MSFS 2020 will probably be optimized for "AMD inside" since Xbox Next will have that title.  P3Dv.5 maybe? 

Based on my tests yesterday in the MSFS 2020 build v.0.8965 , I would say that Nvidia is around 15% faster.

ps : how can we know which card will be better for a game that's 1 years from release date.... ????

Edited by pao
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

too much, too soon....

2 hours ago, pao said:

Based on my tests yesterday in the MSFS 2020 build v.0.8965 , I would say that Nvidia is around 15% faster.

lol

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

This is caused by the 2080 ti causing cpu bottle necks at 1080p, look at the difference at 4k. 

Still a good card for the money, though I’ve read it runs like the sun. 

12 hours ago, pao said:

ps : how can we know which card will be better for a game that's 1 years from release date.... ????

😂   

A new build was released overnight....v.0.9105, Rob should verify when his Tardis is back online.

There are some benches out on YouTube and 5700XT is outperformed by the 2700 super and the 2080 super in games but not price, as for the 2080ti not a chance, don't go by one review check them all.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 7/9/2019 at 4:17 AM, mestregroda said:

Ok so it is just my 2 cents...

For me, it is crystal clear that using AMD CPU 3900x and GPU AMD 5700XT will be the sweetspot for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Crystal... :unsure:

Bert

By the time the XBOX releases PC hardware will have moved past it that's been the case with all game consoles, it will be interesting to see what cooling solutions it will have.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 9 July 2019 at 12:17 PM, mestregroda said:

Even though Intel and NVIDIA are by far the most poplular choices for gamers? Whilst AMD may be starting to offer real alternatives, the majority of existing systems don't use them. It's unlikely that most people will change to AMD-based systems just because of MSFS. Why would MS optimize it for the least popular brands?

Although it's by no means definitive, the latest Steam Hardware Survey shows that the average gamer has a 4-core CPU below 4GHz, 8gb of RAM, an NVIDIA GPU and games at 1920x1080. Whilst I wouldn't expect the new sim to run well on this sort of spec system, I don't think that MS can afford to target just the tiny minority of gamers who have very high-end systems.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Amd is fighting to get back in. On Steam hardware survey they went from like 12% CPU market share (Steam users) to 20% in 2 years. For them that is huge. In GPU market share on steam? Still hovering 15% for last few years. 

I know from Hardare Unboxed and Gamers Nexus reviews and my own testing in current games. The 5700XT is sitting directly between the 2060 Super and 2070 Super and in some games matches a 2070 Super. 

I know that there are driver teething issues for 5700XT in some cases in some games. New tech and all that. I have no idea how a 2080 does in P3D. So far as P3D on my 5700XT based system?

I have an ASUS Rog Strix 5700XT and Ryzen 5 3600 with 16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 RAM. Just installed P3D v4.5 and just ORBX PNW Region for now and only just started testing it out. Preliminary?  Flying the included Carenado plane with just ORBX and P3Dv4 for now... Circling downtown vancouver with mostly DENSE or VERY DENSE settings for the Autogen and Scenery complexity at 1080P. 40 to 80 fps depending where I look. Feels smooth panning inside and out.

1080P, 16x AF. 8XSSAA, Texture Res 2048x2048

Terrain Settings in P3D - Ultra, Ultra, 2m, 7cm

Scenery complexity Very Dense, Medium, Very Dense, Dense

Water Medium with no reflections enabled

Special Effects on high

HDR enabled + Dynamic Reflections at Medium.

Shadows High quality and High Draw Distance (Internal amd External Vehicle and Clouds checked)

Cloud draw I think is 70 mi and coverage demsity Maxed.

On 7/9/2019 at 8:06 AM, TuFun said:

You know that MSFS 2020 will probably be optimized for "AMD inside" since Xbox Next will have that title.  P3Dv.5 maybe? 

This is something to consider, makes me think MSFS will make full use of multi-threading, something that AMD's current crop of CPU's can do better than Intel's.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

MSFS 2020 build v1.138 min spec is an Intel 999999X-R and nVidia 9080GTX-RS and 128GB of HBM9 memory that was just announce in Oct 5th, 2021.

Verified with my TARDIS  😉

Cheers, Rob.

LOL!

On 7/12/2019 at 2:50 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Pretty sure the answer is 42.

Cheers, Rob.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:05 PM, vortex681 said:

Even though Intel and NVIDIA are by far the most poplular choices for gamers? Whilst AMD may be starting to offer real alternatives, the majority of existing systems don't use them. It's unlikely that most people will change to AMD-based systems just because of MSFS. Why would MS optimize it for the least popular brands?

Although it's by no means definitive, the latest Steam Hardware Survey shows that the average gamer has a 4-core CPU below 4GHz, 8gb of RAM, an NVIDIA GPU and games at 1920x1080. Whilst I wouldn't expect the new sim to run well on this sort of spec system, I don't think that MS can afford to target just the tiny minority of gamers who have very high-end systems.

I've gone with AMD for the CPU, but I will probably stick with Nvidia when I upgrade my GPU, unless AMD do something amazing with big Navi.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.