mestregroda

Will Radeon 5700XT faster than RTX 2080Ti, in MFS?

Ok so it is just my 2 cents...

Reviews worldwide show that Forza Horizon 4 which is a Microsoft title, is incredible fast using the New Radeon 5700XT.

Microsoft will use AMD CPU and GPU for the next gen Xbox. Microsoft pc game Forza Horizon has huge FPS using Radeon 5700XT

For me, it is crystal clear that using AMD CPU 3900x and GPU AMD 5700XT will be the sweetspot for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Source: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/amd_radeon_rx_5700_and_rx_5700_xt_review/9

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

I just put in a quick search and TechSpot shows it fast but not a top leader. I looked at a few others also. Mind sharing a link. I would be interested in the results your seeing. It looks great for a $400 card. Thanks

Edited by TalonMX

You know that MSFS 2020 will probably be optimized for "AMD inside" since Xbox Next will have that title.  P3Dv.5 maybe? 

Posted (edited)

Based on my tests yesterday in the MSFS 2020 build v.0.8965 , I would say that Nvidia is around 15% faster.

ps : how can we know which card will be better for a game that's 1 years from release date.... ????

Edited by pao
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pao said:

Based on my tests yesterday in the MSFS 2020 build v.0.8965 , I would say that Nvidia is around 15% faster.

lol

MSFS 2020 build v1.138 min spec is an Intel 999999X-R and nVidia 9080GTX-RS and 128GB of HBM9 memory that was just announce in Oct 5th, 2021.

Verified with my TARDIS  😉

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 2

This is caused by the 2080 ti causing cpu bottle necks at 1080p, look at the difference at 4k. 

Still a good card for the money, though I’ve read it runs like the sun. 

12 hours ago, pao said:

ps : how can we know which card will be better for a game that's 1 years from release date.... ????

😂   

A new build was released overnight....v.0.9105, Rob should verify when his Tardis is back online.