Sign in to follow this  
spilok

REX Skyforce OR Environment Force?

Just a simple question because THERE IS an IMPACT!   

I've been experimenting on my system with the following:  SkyForce and Environment Force.   I use Active Sky for P3d always...love it for the weather!  When I use SkyForce AND Environment Force together, there is a significant effect on FPS....NO DOUBT.   

When I uninstall EV Force and just use SkyForce, my FPS practically doubles, and everything looks good and runs smoothly.  I've tested this multiple times and it's always true.  

If I could just use one of the REX products, which one should I use...SkyForce or Environment Force?  My system is state of the art Jetline, and I have ZERO problems with P3d.  It's just this FPS effect, and I'm convinced EV has a bigger effect on frames than REX acknowledges.

Do you find the same thing?  Have you tried seeing if using only 1 of these products increases FPS over using both?

Stan

I did buy both and recently have only been using Skyforce.as you say it does effect FPs and i do push my settings anyway.hopefully in a little while they will find a way to make EF a little lighter on the fps.

steve

Skyforce = clouds + weather engine

Environment Force = modifying the look of the Fs World 

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

AS an SF is what am happy with. But I did not see any problems with fps before I removed EF off my pc. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Just a simple question because THERE IS an IMPACT!   

I've been experimenting on my system with the following:  SkyForce and Environment Force.   I use Active Sky for P3d always...love it for the weather!  When I use SkyForce AND Environment Force together, there is a significant effect on FPS....NO DOUBT.   

When I uninstall EV Force and just use SkyForce, my FPS practically doubles, and everything looks good and runs smoothly.  I've tested this multiple times and it's always true.  

If I could just use one of the REX products, which one should I use...SkyForce or Environment Force?  My system is state of the art Jetline, and I have ZERO problems with P3d.  It's just this FPS effect, and I'm convinced EV has a bigger effect on frames than REX acknowledges.

Do you find the same thing?  Have you tried seeing if using only 1 of these products increases FPS over using both?

Stan

Check in environment force to see what size it's displaying your cloud textures at. It may be more than what you had with just Skyforce.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

You actually should get both, you won't regret it. I just got it... AMAZING!

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I DO have both.  I've experimented on FPS by installing and uninstalling Environment Force.  Big difference on my system.

Stan

• Upvote 1

Noticed the bad performance of EF also.  I was sitting at a KDEN gate in PMDG 777 on an overcast day and with EF getting 18-20 fps.  Restarted the sim with only SF and had around 60 fps.  I could not believe what I was seeing so kept trying and each time was identical.  Cloud textures were all 512.  So it's just SF for me now.  I am using an 8700K with 1080Ti.

EF sets your cloud textures size to 4096 x 4096 (a silly move to make this resolution change, REX!). Switch to manual mode, set it back to 512 x 512 and then activate auto mode again.

• Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

SF and EF textures both need settings to DTX5 and 512 make sure both programs are set like that and you should not have any FPS problems

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@spilok Why both if you do not use the rex weather engine? I use EF (with SF textures at 512 dtx5) + Asca (just for ENVTEX sky textures) + Active Sky. It is so good and the frames are just perfect. But you are right SF and EF there might be a problem. Got several strange problemes with the cloud injection, suddenly p3d standard cloud textures and yes also frames cut by half and I also installed and uninstalled EF to solve them. Better not to bother with SF + EF when using AS4. By the way just ask in the REX forum. Fs1 is realy caring and responsive. After I deleted SF from my start.bat every thing works now since the last patch. My advice at the moment never run EF+SF+AS4 at the same time. Some user said they had to disable the global cirrus overcast layer option. I like that cirrus overcast very much and did not have an issue with that but maybe it helps? I have the feeling it is SF that is messing up the frames.

And EF does pic the textures from SF so there is no need to run them both. Try it, you don't lose anything.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

So I'll try just Active Sky and EV.  Right?  

Stan

Edited by spilok

Have you set your textures in SF and EF to DTX5 512? And then seen how P3D runs?

EF textures are set to 4K by default.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 hours ago, Nyxx said:

SF and EF textures both need settings to DTX5 and 512 make sure both programs are set like that and you should not have any FPS problems

+1 Cloud texture size makes an enormous difference, and personally I think the clouds actually look better when set to 512. Set up correctly EF with SF3D and ASP4 makes no difference to my fps.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!