Sign in to follow this  
spilok

REX Skyforce OR Environment Force?

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Yeah that was reenabled on my system. Thanks. 

Fog mode to off and hitting save last state does not work here. I have to manully set it to off every time. 

Anyone who finds HDR values way to bright and washed out? I am back with HDR Off. 

Michael Moe 

Micheal,

Are you sure you're over brightness is not down to adaptive XXX forgot name. 

Try this adaptive xxx make it have a tick, yes a tick, then click to turn off HDR below it OFF, shaders rebuild, then click HDR On again and let shaders rebuild, then un-tick adaptive....job done, try that.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

46 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Micheal,

Are you sure you're over brightness is not down to adaptive XXX forgot name. 

Try this adaptive xxx make it have a tick, yes a tick, then click to turn off HDR below it OFF, shaders rebuild, then click HDR On again and let shaders rebuild, then un-tick adaptive....job done, try that.

Hi David, as always you have a solution my friend 😉

Not sure what i did but your solution worked and i can now just use HDR 1.0 inside P3D menu. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Btw what does HDR actually.? 

After your solution the depth of shadows and colour looks like HDR off similar. 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

13 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi David, as always you have a solution my friend 😉

Not sure what i did but your solution worked and i can now just use HDR 1.0 inside P3D menu. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Btw what does HDR actually.? 

After your solution the depth of shadows and colour looks like HDR off similar. 

Michael Moe 

Just glad to help Michael. 

The one thing I tried to get REX to do was in the main UI, not the mini is the option to turn Adaptive xxxx OFF.  But they added it in the mini UI and Franky it's done wrong it looks like its OFF but its not. The workaround is how I said above.

So now you have HDR ON within EF working but the adaptive off, because as you know when you looking down at the MCDU etc it's "opening your pupil" so when you look back out the VC its all too bright. Its a lot better now than the release version but turning it off is best. I hope they make a version that it is truly off by default.

You have to have HDR on is P3D and EF with HDR ON works its magic. 

My Lighting setting are if you wish to try

Brightness 1.2

Bloom 0.7

Sat 1.0

These are for the FSL as their VC windows have a grey tint. 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

BTW this option does not stick even with save option at the top.

You have to run this workaround in the mini ui at the start. 

Please sort this REX, thank you. A tick is for ON a - is for OFF. Come on guys sort this, please.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

BTW this option does not stick even with save option at the top.

You have to run this workaround in the mini ui at the start. 

Please sort this REX, thank you. A tick is for ON a - is for OFF. Come on guys sort this, please.

Thanks David,

So what should a newbie to all this do ? This is  MESS even in automated mode.

My biggest issues is that SF is not favoriting EF. Tick or tack ? this software is screaming for conflicts.

Rebuild shaders ? or not ? or etc etc.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

A newbie can do this.

Set textures in SF and EF to DTX5 512 or 1080.

Set to Auto and mini UI to show.

Do the work around as I’ve explained.

Thats it nothing else needs doing.

The two thing I reported are

The contrast setting in the mini UI to add contrast you press “-“ and to takeaway contrast you press “+” WRONG way round REX. “+” is to add “-“ is to takeaway.

The other is Adaptive should be OFF by default not ON and a “-“ in the mini UI implies it’s OFF, Wrong. If people want it ON, click and add the “Tick” make it rebuild shaders if need be but nothing else.

Apart from that I love it.

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

A newbie can do this.

Set textures in SF and EF to DTX5 512 or 1080.

Set to Auto and mini UI to show.

Do the work around as I’ve explained.

Thats it nothing else needs doing.

The two thing I reported are

The contrast setting in the mini UI to add contrast you press “-“ and to takeaway contrast you press “+” WRONG way round REX. “+” is to add “-“ is to takeaway.

The other is Adaptive should be OFF by default not ON and a “-“ in the mini UI implies it’s OFF, Wrong. If people want it ON, click and add the “Tick” make it rebuild shaders if need be but nothing else.

Apart from that I love it.

So my HDR issues is down to adaptive HDR being enabled despite showing a "-" in the mini UI? The cure is to toggle this to "checked"and set HDR off/on and recompile and make sure its at "-" again afterwards?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

21 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

So my HDR issues is down to adaptive HDR being enabled despite showing a "-" in the mini UI? The cure is to toggle this to "checked"and set HDR off/on and recompile and make sure its at "-" again afterwards?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Yes Michael

• Like 1