Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Where are all the new addons?

Must be a doldrums sort of Summer....  I'm not seeing many new releases.  Orbx has been putting out some scenery but I'm specifically thinking of aircraft.  Where are they?  Perhaps devs are waiting to see how MSFS turns out?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yep, I've been waiting to buy the Extreme Prototypes Lear once it's updated to V3.  Was supposed to happen last year... nothing but crickets.  Recently started looking elsewhere...

A2A offerings?  Maybe this fall?

Greg

I think it reflects the lack of people able and willing to program aircraft systems for flight sims. Scenery is a lot less demanding to produce and, as a whole, requires less expertise. Good aircraft can take years to perfect when only one or two are working on it. 😪

Murray Dreyer

We all quit. :tongue:

• Like 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Personally, given that I do not have endless amounts of money, still have many good payware aircraft on my to buy list. I just pick one up here and there, some might call them old if they are a year or more in the past since launch date, but for me they are newbee's.

• Like 3

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

It definitely has felt like a slow summer and I would like to add a nice plane to the hanger. I’m still waiting on Orbx True Earth GB North, was hoping that was going to be a summer release. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Perhaps devs are waiting to see how MSFS turns out

I know I am. 

ZORAN

I know it is hard to believe but.. we have families too.., and it is the holidays season.. so.. why would you release something while you are abroad with your kids? :biggrin:

S.

• Like 5

My goodness.  I have so many in depth payware aircraft with all kinds of new features added such as ACARS  as well as emergency procedures I have a hard time deciding which one to choose at the beginning of each session. I call it multiple sim personality disorder.

• Like 6

Vic green

Milviz ATR and Eaglesofts Challenger (wonder if they ever will be ready...)  would be nice additions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I just want one payware developer to build a good quality rendition of EINN Shannon.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I just want one payware developer to build a good quality rendition of EINN Shannon.

+1

- TONY -

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Must be a doldrums sort of Summer....  I'm not seeing many new releases.  Orbx has been putting out some scenery but I'm specifically thinking of aircraft.  Where are they?  Perhaps devs are waiting to see how MSFS turns out?

What aircraft to you current own?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I just want one payware developer to build a good quality rendition of......

• A Turbine Duke Redux
  • Any GA aircraft with an EDF1000
  • A2A/Milviz Beach Baron 58 with or without an EFG1000

In the entire fleet of P3D only 2 GA have the EDF the Carenado A36 and 406 and those are dated, give me the A2A 182 with an EDF1000 or the vFlyte Arrow III for P3D and I won't fly anything else.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD