Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

Starting to run LittleNavMap

Hey!

I tried several days to start running LittleNavMap without succes...

To start with, I copied the three files out of the SXS simconnect folder of the  Disk@1 of FSX-setup disks, into the main folder of FSX ( is that correct? ). Then I started FSX and LittleNavMap, but I don not succeed in connecting LittleNavMat and FSX. 

Does anybody know how to start using LittleNavMap?

Greetz

Jive1 - Bemlgium

Hi,

16 minutes ago, Jive1 said:

To start with, I copied the three files out of the SXS simconnect folder of the  Disk@1 of FSX-setup disks, into the main folder of FSX ( is that correct? ).

No. You have to install these files and not only copy them. You can also download the needed SimConnect here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/SimConnect/

Normally this is not needed for FSX since it already comes with the required SimConnect version.

Alex

Thank you! This is better so...

But when I start LNM to run, it tells me that the GLOBE Flight PLan Elevation Profile is not valuable.  So, I've downloaded that file 'all10g.zip' ( 314.416kB )

Here also, how and where should I install or copy the contents of that file?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jive1 said:

Thank you! This is better so...

But when I start LNM to run, it tells me that the GLOBE Flight PLan Elevation Profile is not valuable.  So, I've downloaded that file 'all10g.zip' ( 314.416kB )

Here also, how and where should I install or copy the contents of that file?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

1/Decompress the zip file in a folder you created with the name "Global Land Elevation".

2/In the Tools menu of Little Nav Map, open the Options menu, click on Cache and Files, check the Use Offline GLOBE Elevation Data and finally enter the path to where your Global Land Elevation folder is located in Select Globe Directory button.

For example, mine is E:\Global Land Elevation\all10

Hope this help...

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thank you! Richard,

This works fine now. I have 17 files in tyhe folder now, but I guess these eqaul the 'all10' of yours. Anyhow, when I start running, no remark is given anymore in respect to Land Elevation.

And now... 

I'm totally new with LittleNavMap, I used to fly with Flight Simulator since the old days early 1990, but used other Navition Help Programs.

When I now want to make a tour around my home airport EBAW, what should I do first to make it in a proper and good way?... Do I hav to make a flightplan in thi case? Or how should I start for a test flight....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

30 minutes ago, Jive1 said:

Thank you! Richard,

This works fine now. I have 17 files in tyhe folder now, but I guess these eqaul the 'all10' of yours. Anyhow, when I start running, no remark is given anymore in respect to Land Elevation.

And now... 

I'm totally new with LittleNavMap, I used to fly with Flight Simulator since the old days early 1990, but used other Navition Help Programs.

When I now want to make a tour around my home airport EBAW, what should I do first to make it in a proper and good way?... Do I hav to make a flightplan in thi case? Or how should I start for a test flight....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

You are not required to create a flight plan.

Run Little Nav Map, run Fsx or P3Dv4. Position your aircraft at any airport, in your case EBAW.
The connection between Fsx and Nav Map will be done automatically.

Without a flight plan, Nav Map will be a simple map on which you can track your flight and other aircraft.
By zooming in on your plane positioned in an airport, it allows you to reach a runway by following the right taxiways.

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Sorry, Richard, I would like to do so, but I can see only part of the map and I want to see that map full screen. How do I do so? And more, can I use the map on a second computer linked with my present computer via network?...

Greetz

Jive1 v- Belgium

@Jive1 Have a look at the tutorials that are linked in the help menu. These should give a good introduction to LNM.

4 minutes ago, Jive1 said:

I want to see that map full screen. How do I do so?

There is no full screen yet but you can close all windows except the map or you can undock the map (double click the title bar) and resize it to fit the screen. Read here about this dock window stuff: User Interface.

7 minutes ago, Jive1 said:

And more, can I use the map on a second computer linked with my present computer via network?...

Yes. Answered here: How to run a network Setup.

Alex

ALT key followed by 1,2,3, ect will close the other windows and give you a larger map window...you can also click and drag the boxes to a size you want.

Luke Pype

Normally for a full screen, click on the top right of the map window. Once the window is separated, enlarge it to full screen if you wish like any other Windows window.
I use Nav Map on a second screen, I can't answer the question with the second computer via network.

Richard

Edit: Follow Alex and Luke's advice...They were faster than me on this answer:laugh:

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

Hey albar965,

I installed Simconnect as you said.

I have also the map in marger size so I can see and follow the items I intend to see.

Apparently there is not yet a connection between FSX and LNM, because, when both are on, and in my FSX I move my aircraft from EBAW to EBBR, I don't see moving my aircraft on the map. I even don't see no aircraft at all.

So, when I want to start the example of the tutotrial and to build a VFR Flight Plan, I'm not sure where my aircraft is, because I don't see it on the map...

So I think that het connectio between FSX and LNM is still missing....

What could be the reason why?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

...and

The logfile of Littlr Navconnect says:

Not connected to simulator, Wait...

Greetz

jive1 - Belgium

2 hours ago, Jive1 said:

Apparently there is not yet a connection between FSX and LNM, because, when both are on, and in my FSX I move my aircraft from EBAW to EBBR, I don't see moving my aircraft on the map. I even don't see no aircraft at all.

Just to rule out the obvious: Did you connect manually (Ctrl+Shift+C)?

If all fails send me the log by email (both linked in the about dialog).

Alex

Hey! Alex,

I tried to run again….

When both FSX and LNM were running, I tried to connect to FSX doubleclicking littlenavconnect.exe in the Little Navconnest folder, but that did not work, because I checked it in a small log that opened itself, and there it is mentioned that the program tried to connect to X-Plane, but I am using FSX. Of course it said also that it could not connect to the simulator, and I should  wait….

After that I tried to connect  with Ctrl-Shift-C, but nothing at all moved !!

Strange...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

1 hour ago, Jive1 said:

When both FSX and LNM were running, I tried to connect to FSX doubleclicking littlenavconnect.exe in the Little Navconnest folder

Navconnect is only for remote connections if you want to run LNM on another computer. Ignore that  for now.

LNM shows the XP option only because SimConnect was not found.

To connect to a simulator start FSX and LNM and then in LNM: Main menu -> "Tools" -> "Flight Simulator Connection". But this will not work in your case.

So, thanks for sending the log. I see an error when looking for SimConnect:

[2019-07-11 8:37:05.809 default DEBUG]: bool atools::win::ActivationContext::create(const QString&) "D:/FSX/Little Navmap/littlenavmap.exe.simconnect"
[2019-07-11 8:37:05.810 default WARN ]: bool atools::win::ActivationContext::create(const QString&) Manifest "D:/FSX/Little Navmap/littlenavmap.exe.simconnect" Error 14001

A reason might be that one of those MSVC redist things got corrupted or is missing. Try to reinstall these. Here is a link to all available versions in the LNM FAQ: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#crash

Start with the 2013 and 2015.

And you have to install both 32 and 64 versions (https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.2/en/INSTALLATION.html#windows).

Alex