Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

New PC-6 Porter - there's still life left in FSX yet!!

Having announced earlier this year that they were no longer supporting FSX or indeed anything less than PsDv4, Milviz today confirmed that they are bringing their newly released PC-6 Porter over to FSX. This decision was the result of  "community feedback" and they are apparently currently working on what systems they can port over from the 64-bit version to make it compatible with a 32-bit environment, with further updates to follow.

Clearly therefore, they must still see a significant market for a 32-bit versions of the aircraft which is good news for us dinosaurs! I, for one, am looking forward to sending my old FSD PC-6 into its long deserved retirement!

Bill

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Milviz are a talented bunch, but I wish they would stop making boring GA-planes and turn their attention to producing high end glass cockpit biz jets. Carenado's biz jets are pretty eye candy wrapped around default FSX. Eaglesoft is pretty much out of the game. So, there is market here. 

I, for one, would love to have a "study-level" Phenom bizjet with all the bells and whistles. 

28 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Milviz are a talented bunch, but I wish they would stop making boring GA-planes and turn their attention to producing high end glass cockpit biz jets. Carenado's biz jets are pretty eye candy wrapped around default FSX. Eaglesoft is pretty much out of the game. So, there is market here. 

I, for one, would love to have a "study-level" Phenom bizjet with all the bells and whistles. 

Although, I for one, love their GA planes and consider the PC-6 far from being a ‘boring’ aircraft in terms of what it can accomplish, I agree it would be nice to see them turn their undoubted talents to a biz jet.

As yet however I don’t think Milviz have produced many aircraft with glass cockpits but the incoming King Air 350 and, I assume, the C130J will have a glass cockpit so when they have perfected their skills on these, then perhaps they might consider a biz jet. But even if they did, I would be surprised if it was developed for anything other than a 64-bit platform! 

Bill

Glass cockpits aren't actually all that difficult (I did the displays for the T-38C in less than 3 months). Performance is no longer an issue for us in that area as we have all sorts of ways to make glass framerate friendly from multi threading, to GPU reliant shaders with DX11. The primary challenge with the high end displays like the Garmin G1/2/3/5000 and the Proline 21 and Fusion, or the Honeywell Primus Apex/Epic is not the display code itself, but the shear volume of information presented. That's what takes time.

And yes, the Milviz C-130J pit is glass.

Edited by JB3DG
  • Upvote 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion