Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

MK-STUDIOS - VAGAR P3Dv4?

Hi,

After seeing a very impressive real approach on EKVG of an A320. I'm considering buying this airport. I don't see anything indicated regarding possible compatibility with ORBX Global and FSGX2018 meshes.

Can someone tell me if there are any problems?
The MK-Studios site is under construction...

Thanks and Regards,

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

3 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

After seeing a very impressive real approach on EKVG of an A320. I'm considering buying this airport. I don't see anything indicated regarding possible compatibility with ORBX Global and FSGX2018 meshes.

Can someone tell me if there are any problems?
The MK-Studios site is under construction...

No showstopping problems.

I get higher than usual terrain popping, the quality of the photoscenery surrounding the airport is a little low / messy, and I have to remember to turn of vegetation autogen - very few trees on the Faroe Is.

Quality little airport though.

Here's a couple of wide screenshots to help you decide:

jA0pU8D.jpg

X2FEkaX.jpg

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Is there another scenery for a previous version of P3D or for FSX that might work?  Or is the MK Studios the only show in town?

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

There is the Azurafiles version which works on P3Dv4. But the MK Studios is substantially better.

The best results however are obtained mixing the MK Studios with the Faroe Islands 5 available at the library:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=faroeislands5.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

This is an original idea of the Azurafiles team (to mix their scenery with the Faroe Islands freeware), but it works perfectly with the MK Studios. And you end up having the best of both worlds: a beautiful terminal and airport from MK Studios and correct villages and scenery for the islands (and around the airport) by the freeware Faroe scenery. This avoids all landclass issues and terrain mismatches. 

Edited by Wolf0
  • Upvote 1

If only there was good quality photoscenery and terrain mesh to go with that airport... :sad:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi,

Thank you very much everyone. Faroeislands5 seems to be a good compromise, because it provides a longer runway than the one present in FSX/P3Dv4 without which it would be impossible to use an Airbus.
By adding the MC-Studios scene it could effectively eliminate the problems related to landclass issues and terrain mismatches.

I hope that one day ORBX will make a complete scene of the islands and the airport.
In this sense I added my voice in a topic on ORBX in which I put a Youtube link on the RNP approach of an Airbus. It is this approach that made me know this place and want to add it to my system.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/149193-faroe-islands/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOcM1zN_HRs

Thanks again,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

6 hours ago, Wolf0 said:

There is the Azurafiles version which works on P3Dv4. But the MK Studios is substantially better.

The best results however are obtained mixing the MK Studios with the Faroe Islands 5 available at the library:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=faroeislands5.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

This is an original idea of the Azurafiles team (to mix their scenery with the Faroe Islands freeware), but it works perfectly with the MK Studios. And you end up having the best of both worlds: a beautiful terminal and airport from MK Studios and correct villages and scenery for the islands (and around the airport) by the freeware Faroe scenery. This avoids all landclass issues and terrain mismatches. 

Nope.
I can't recommend this merge, unless someone knows which specific files to disable?

I've tried all sorts of combinations and the end result still looks like this:

HsW7WOq.jpg

ZV8Lj0r.jpg

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

Nope.
I can't recommend this merge, unless someone knows which specific files to disable?

Hello.

I wouldn't recommend this merge if the results were anything like that.

Here's how my scenery looks like:

GzFxHGL.jpg

2MLTrsX.jpg

3SiJYML.jpg

2DgCMiT.jpg

kJEzpan.jpg

I don't have the time to see what files I've disabled where, but I'll try to do it later today and will share the results.

I think this looks rather convincing for the Faroe islands scenery and I hadn't disabled any autogen vegetation.

Edited by Wolf0

Your 4th screenshot shows some rather ugly looking "mesh cliffs" near the airport. As for using the freeware Faroe Islands scenery......landclass textures really do not do it for me. I would much prefer high quality photoscenery and no autogen.

Of course, the perfect solution would be ORBx TrueEarth Faroe Islands :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is there a way to disable the photo scenery that comes with MK-studios and just orbx?