I have been using X56 for a little over 6 months now both with FSX and P3Dv4.5. The system is working great for me except for one thing. I cannot fly inverted or do a smooth aileron roll. Surely there are X56 users in the forum that have tried these maneuvers with the X56. If someone could please respond and let me know what happens when you roll your plane over I would really like to hear from you.

Edited by BigT65
Add tags

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

The problem has been solved. Someone on the FSX-SE forum suggested that I increase my joystick dead zones to a higher setting like 30. So I did this and sure enough the roll anomaly was fixed. I tried several aircraft and they all worked correctly. WooHoo!

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Today I made a major discovery. It turns out that the problem doesn't have anything to do with Deadzones after all. The problem returned so I tried a few other things. I use EZCA v2 and started using it at almost the same time I got the X56 controller. So today I loaded up the sim without EZCA and I was able to do a normal roll and fly inverted. I loaded up EZCA and the problem returned. I don't know what part of EZCA is causing the problem though. I have tried turning on and off various settings and none of them stopped the roll over problem. I have tried turning EZCA on and off several times and when it's off no roll over problem when it's on problem returns. Now that we know this does anyone have any ideas about what part of EZCA could be causing this? I really like using EZCA and would like to find out if there is a setting causing this problem.

After further testing it turns out that the dead zone adjustment did not solve the problem.

Problem Solved, Again.  This time I am certain that I'm right. The roll over problem is due to the effects of the Horizon Hold in EZCA. I set a switch on my throttle unit to turn it off If I have the need to toll the aircraft. So far the fix is working great. Apparently no one else has ever experienced this issue, but if they do I hope they find this thread. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I hope no one ever has the hear about this issue again.

Edited by BigT65

What is your opinion on the X56 overall?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I like it. Had a little trouble getting it all setup, but that's because I don't have as much patients as I used to have. It's got plenty of buttons and switches and 3 different modes. It would be hard to run out of options. Now that I figured out how to do a roll and get inverted it's even better.

I'm debating between the Thrustmaster warthog and this.  Obviously pro's and cons to each.  For the X56 I like the price, less weight, and twist rudder.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Could you give me dimensions of the X56 - width and depth of both the throttle and joystick? 

Thanks, Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I just saw this request. 

Stick: 8.75 deep, 7.25 wide

Throttle: Same as Stick