Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

NV Inspector settings with Buffer Pools=0

Hello Folks.

So I know that there has been a lot of discussions and topics around Buffer Pools vs. no Buffer Pools so i don't want to resurrect this topic per se.

Anyway, after so many years of this being out there I just out of the blue decided to try it since within the past year i had to get a new graphics card and upgraded to the EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming ACX3.0. Well the result was great which I didn't expect. I have always got good performance with my rig (Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor "4x 4.0GHz/8MB L3 Cache" with Scenery Add-on (only fly add-on) PMDG/iFLY 747 4/8 Active Sky Next, ATC and i normally get between 24-30 FPS with clouds take off and landing, more mid 20's with heavy clouds.

I added this to my config file

[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0
PoolSize=0 (BTW when i left out this line the 1st time it did not change my performance however, adding this line made the difference)

With this settings the FPS does not fluctuate as much (keeps closer to 30) and it is much smoother and no spikes, I will continue to run long haul flight and see how it holds up.

Finally my question is for anyone who has used this, is there any unique "special"  settings in NV Inspector I should use to augment this change since it's now sending everything to the GPU? I am currently using 'run of the mill settings" for DX10 which works great good balance between performance and great graphics. But just wanted to know if there was something else in terms of graphics card settings out there that I could try since i am now trying an 8 year old FSX tweak, which from what I have read don't work for everyone😁

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Forshaw.