Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Prepar3d 4.5HF1 Addon Software Deactivation - GPU upgrade

Hey guys,

I have searched the forums - on pmdg.com, here and prepar3d.com - and I am just looking to confirm only --- that I do not need to deactivate anything as I am upgrading video cards.

Just need to do delete shaders & prepar3d.cfg

I will be using DDU to remove my 980gtx and amd 6 displayport videocard drivers.

Got myself a new 2070 Super Video card.

PS - What performance test would you like to see with it.  I do run in 4K along with Rift S

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Just plug and play - should work just fine. Obviously you might want to check for proper drivers, etc. I just went from a 1080ti to a 2080ti and just plugged the new card in and started up. Deleted shaders but left cfg alone, edited that manually.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

18 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Just plug and play - should work just fine. Obviously you might want to check for proper drivers, etc. I just went from a 1080ti to a 2080ti and just plugged the new card in and started up. Deleted shaders but left cfg alone, edited that manually.

Vic

Congrats Vic, happy for you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

40 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Thanks guys.  

Super excited to jump from 980 GTX to 2070 Super

Do let us know what you think of the new card.. how does it change how P3D behaves on your system with the same graphics settings as before?

Bert

21 hours ago, Skywolf said:

and I am just looking to confirm only -

So I confirm away. I just upgraded a month ago, for the second time in 4 years. No need to deactivate anything for such a minor hardware change.

Edited by Farlis

47 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So I confirm away. I just upgraded a month ago, for the second time in 4 years. No need to deactivate anything for such a minor hardware change.

Thank you.

I am excited to test this card out (its pretty much a 2080 of few months ago).  I wonder how much graphics can I push in the sim.

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

I wonder how much graphics can I push in the sim.

I can already imagine the post:

I invested in this new card, and P3D is slowing to a crawl.. :wink:

Bert

34 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I can already imagine the post:

I invested in this new card, and P3D is slowing to a crawl.. :wink:

Lol - I was already happy with my 980GTX....was simming fine.  Just upgraded as I got Rift S and for that I would like to push the graphics for my DCS flying.  P3D pushing graphics is just a bonus/icing on the cake.

6 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Lol - I was already happy with my 980GTX....was simming fine.  Just upgraded as I got Rift S and for that I would like to push the graphics for my DCS flying.  P3D pushing graphics is just a bonus/icing on the cake.

I understand, but I would actually be more interested in whether you notice anything in terms of performance or smoothness with the existing graphics settings.. 

Bert

8 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I understand, but I would actually be more interested in whether you notice anything in terms of performance or smoothness with the existing graphics settings.. 

I will be excited to share my findings here.  I do have insane amount of addons - gonna push prepar3d with my new video card.

On 7/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, Skywolf said:

Got myself a new 2070 Super Video card.

PS - What performance test would you like to see with it.  I do run in 4K along with Rift S

There are many discussions of various graphic cards in the AVSIM Hardware Forum.  This discussion would be better suited in the graphics card forum where you will find many benchmarks.  The following link provides a benchmark on my current system - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18318501.  There are many there asking similar questions about how well the video card performs with P3D.

I would run a similar benchmark with the old video card and then the new one.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10