Sign in to follow this  
rwilson881

Vertx Da-62 no interior sound.

I bought and installed it yesterday.

First above all, I love this aircraft. Vertx has finally produced a solid G1000 aircraft that flies beautifully. I spent the night reading the manual and a flying it. Looking forward to getting back to doing some long distance GA flying online.

Ok, now that sound problem. On selecting the aircraft, I get a windows notice "Config file not found: using default ......."

Other than the runway sounds on takeoff and landing, when in the cockpit I get no engine or switch sounds. I did the reinstall sound module via the config UI as stated in the guide. I've uninstalled and reinstalled (No antivirus) and still can not get interior sounds.

Yes, I sent a email to Sean via the support@vertxsim.com email. I understand from other posts that he has some real-world issues that certainly take priority.

I just wanted to post here to see what others have done to resolve this problem.

thanks

Ron Wilson

Not ever having this problem, I can only suggest to try re-installing the complete aircraft. If the original install went wonky, who's to say that an individual module (like sound files) will even work.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I'm thinking a permissions issue somehow. Did you install "as admin"? Also, is P3D installed in 😄\ProgramFiles?

Hopefully Sean will have an answer.

FWIW, I had no issues with my install.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

thanks for replying

I'm using Windows 10 pro #1803

I did a uninstall and reinstall always as admin.with no anti-virus running

I didn't completely eliminate all the Vertx files manually after the uninstall so I'm going to try that next.

Then log in as admin and do the install.

Yes P3D is in the Program files.

Not sure what other folders require full permission

Nor do I know where the DA-62 sound module installs.

Still haven't heard from Sean. I sent him a FB message also. I'm sure he'll reply when he can.

thanks guys

Ron

Well still haven't heard back from Sean. Been over a week now.

I've checked and made sure I have permissions to all folders.

Re-installed twice. Still get the same issue

Wish I knew where the new config sound file is installed so I can verify that it's going in there correctly.

I'm going to download the installation again but doubt it's corrupt.

I do still love the flight characteristics of the 62 and the G1000 works correctly, although I usually just let Aviasoft EFB load and modify the flight plans.

Hope I hear from Sean or someone in support soon.

Meanwhile I'll take any suggestions

thanks

Ron

If you look in Documents>Prepar3D v4 Add-ons>Vertx DA62>Airplanes>Vertx DA62, you will find most everything

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks Jim

I did find everything there but still have the issue.

I did try a re-install to the P3D root to see if that made a diff. No Joy.

Still no replies to my emails to Sean.

Still no luck on getting interior sounds.

Hope I didn't waste my $$ on this, because I really like this aircraft in real world and sim.

2 hours ago, rwilson881 said:

Still no replies to my emails to Sean.

Still no luck on getting interior sounds.

Hope I didn't waste my $$ on this, because I really like this aircraft in real world and sim.

You didn't. The sound works fine, something about your install is causing this. I am certain we will get to the bottom of it. I would help debug this for you, but right now I am about 2 minutes from leaving the house. Will be back later tonight and if not already solved then I will offer my assistance.

• Like 2

Ron,

If you are on win 10, check your sound drivers and win 10 sound settings. I found that they can cause a problem. I had to play with win 10 sound settings in order to get the F1 GTN to issue TWAS warnings. I could not hear the sound at all. After playing with the settings, the sound came back on. Hope it helps.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well still nothing from Vertx yet. I have been out of town so haven't had a chance to do any troubleshooting.

I would love to connect to others to see what their sound config file looks like and where its located.

thanks

Ron

10 hours ago, rwilson881 said:

Well still nothing from Vertx yet. I have been out of town so haven't had a chance to do any troubleshooting.

I would love to connect to others to see what their sound config file looks like and where its located.

thanks

Ron

This is the path to the Sound.ini file :-

C:\Users\!!!!!!!!!!\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\SimObjects\Airplanes\Vertx DA62\Panel\Sound

as suggested you could try and click on any of the sound files to see if they are playing.

regards bob

• Like 1

thanks Bob for replying

Yes, that sound folder is in the panel folder. All the files in that folder play in Windows (btw I'm using Win10 #1803),

the ini sound file is in there as well that looks like it supports all the interior sounds.

I do see a time change in the details view for that folder when I use the config, Advanced page to reinstall the sound module.

But I still get the "can't find" the config file and defaulting to gauge file alert.

I do get ground rumble sounds when landing or T/O.

There is also a sound folder in the DA62 folder which appears to have engine start sounds (all play fine) and a config file,.

I really like flying the plane, it's a very stable twin GA and with the help of the Avivasoft EFB the flight planning of the G1000 is easy. I do have to put in altitudes for Vnav to work.

Thanks again

Ron

13 minutes ago, rwilson881 said:

I do have to put in altitudes for Vnav to work.

you have enable the v nav by clicking the 'ENBL VNV' button

bob

• Like 1