Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

FlySimWare Falcon-50

I recall that Falcon-50 is a well-liked BizJet around here in the Forum, so I thought I might take advantage of the FlySimWare's SALE to get this aircraft for myself...since I currently don't own any (PW) Falcon-50. On first impression, this seems like an enjoyable SIM aircraft. What it lacks in visual fidelity, I think, it makes up in system fidelity. I wish to, but, have not yet got to explore all its features (such as "cold & dark" start-up procedure etc.), so please consider this a 1st account. It comes with a good 45-page manual, which starts out by saying, "We have animated almost every function throughout the cabin and virtual cockpit. With custom coding we have accurate systems down to the smallest details..."

And, about the aircraft itself: The (French) Dassault Falcon 50 is a high-performance Business Jet (e.g. consider these metrics: Service ceiling 49,000', Cruise speed up to 480 knots, and Range up to 4000 miles). It is also a leader in luxurious appointments in its 9-pax spacious cabin interior (please see screenshots).

So, please find, here, a collection of snapshots from a quick flight of the Falcon across MSE Spain (South) scenery that I also acquired last week - to finally complete my MSE Spain (in 3 parts)...

This short (70nm) westward flight, from Almeria (LEAM) to Granada (LEGR), tracks the (Spanish) Sierra Nevada mountains along the southern border of Spain. "Sierra Nevada" means "snow covered mountain range", and true to its name, this mountain range contains many peaks perpetually covered in snow (see a few screenshots), among which Mulhacén (11,413') is the highest peak outside of the Alps. Mulhacén is also the third highest peak in Western Europe, after Mont Blanc (in France-Italy border) and Mount Etna (in Sicily/Italy). BTW, the U.S. Sierra Nevada mountain range also owes its name to the same (Spanish) origin, since the first Europeans in the (upper) California region were the Spanish explorers and missionaries, who had visited it in the early 1700s.

Hope you enjoy these images of this impressive corporate jet. Thanks for viewing. [FlySimWare(F50)/MSE(Spain-South)/REX]

YQ56Qf.png

foPkm1.png

vhqltl.png

Ggj3sJ.png

zkIUJ0.png

q5OfBX.png

oWiDGe.png

vLCkIv.png

cdkOSk.png

Z9UGJy.png

JcgfhG.png

Sy6QfB.png

goG0nZ.png

wzd84h.png

KJYokw.png

aXwLDQ.png

CaJHN8.png

SpHf9U.png

8Qhxlm.png

Mdn3vx.png

• Like 4

Thanks for posting, one of my favorite aircraft, love the sounds, especially on takeoff! I still fly a 32 bit sim so having a little less "visual fidelity" helps with not having to many OOM errors.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

Nice pics.  I think they are improving the visual aspects at a later date.  There is a guy working on the Learjet 35 right now, updating the textures and adding PBR.  You can read about it here - pretty neat!  At any rate I would also recommend the Lear.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think they are improving the visual aspects at a later date. 

As been already done by  Wickedbacon92w- and the result is fabulous 🙂

• Like 1

Folks: Appreciated the comments!

Ryan: Examined the pictures....yes, look superb indeed...thanks for the pointer...

I liked your post so much I decided to buy this Falcon, I had bought the Carenado Falcon but it was one of their rare aircraft I did not like so much, was too difficult to get in the air.  I bought the Flysimware Falcon from Justflight, which was having a sale, and I saved another $9.00 with my points, so I only paid $25.00 in the end and it's a great product, which I am enjoying thanks to your screenshots!  I finally have an aircraft that can do nice speedy transcon flights yet is easy to manage in the air and has great flight manners.

John

John, you have the best of both worlds then with your Falcon-50...visuals of Carenado and systems of Flysimware, but, of course, not together...🙂...still, I wouldn't mind having 2 perspectives of the same plane. I have Carenado's Hawker-850, but never got to buy their Falcon...

Of course, at $25, you cannot go wrong here...(BTW, I've never reached $9 on Points with Just Flight...it gets used-up long before it gets up there...🙂...)

But, seriously, as you say, this is a good product and a fun-plane to have...climbs well, flies well, and lands well...so, enjoy the transcon flights that it's capable of...!

That Panel Lighting and Gauges Look Superb.

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

9 hours ago, P_7878 said:

John, you have the best of both worlds then with your Falcon-50...visuals of Carenado and systems of Flysimware, but, of course, not together..

No more true - the visuals of the FSW Falcon are at the level of Carenado - thanks to the work of @Wickedbacon92

Gérard

Edited by gaab

Hi Gaab: The date of addition in the fspilotshop, where I picked it up this past weekend, is back to December, 2018...So, I would very much like to get these updates.....I'll inquire there about it...

I like this aircraft a lot, and have started getting deeper into it...

I am sorry for you, I bought it from FlySimware (when V1.8C was issued)  and the current date of files is march 2019 for the lattest.(look in texture folder).

You should revert to FSW, they are very helpfull and cross-check with them if fspilotshop has the last version ! (According to FSW site, FS Pilot Shop is an official re-seller).

Hope you get it sorted out - the new textures make the difference !

Gérard

EDIT : I just look on FS Pilot Shop - they claims that there version is at 1.8C, which is the lattest official.

Updated March 15th, 2019 - Includes Version 1.8C

Edited by gaab

Hi!

If you look at the screenshots in the first post, they correspond to the Falcon 1.8C version. These are very good textures from  Wickedbacon92, it is not clear what other textures we are talking about. For my part, I can simply suggest changing the texture of the main toolbar from dark to light gray. If you need a link to download here:

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Thanks, Gaab, yes, I just re-checked, and it's indeed the latest V1.8C! FSW seems to be rapidly moving through sequential updates....which is really nice...

Nick: 

I'm now quite sure, the suggestion in your 2nd topic-link will improve the textures for my case...

Regarding, "...after reviewing a lot of photos of the real aircraft, I came to the conclusion that the color of the flightdeck panel in version 1.8 should be a little different...", thanks for your persistence to improve the aircraft.

BTW, yesterday, I did a bit of just such comparison myself.

And, I am also glad you decided to do this plane with the Classic Cockpit Layout...we need more of these in the SIM, even when the manufacturer has moved on to all-glass...

Looking forward to flying it more, starting with a detailed start-up/shut-down that it supports...

Thanks again!

I found my default textures with this aircraft were on par or even better than Carenado's.  I also like the fact that they included the lavatory, because most sim bizjets do not and that makes it nearly impossible for the sim kidneys to endure a transcon flight, especially at this simmers advanced age, lol!