Sign in to follow this  
byork

FSX Support Dropped for the Labs

Capts,

At the last minute I decided to drop FSX support for the FS Labs Airbus version of FS2Crew.

The product will support P3D V4 only.

Reasons:

1. The differences between FSX and P3D are too time consuming to manage, especially in the Labs version.

2. In the FSX version, we had to use pop-up panels to control the the flat, square buttons in the plane.  No such limitation exists in P3D V4.  

That said, the P3D V4 experience is really A LOT better due to this issue alone -the integration is quite seamless- and it's much more in line with the quality of experience we want our users to have.

3. Flight Sim Labs no longer seems to be supporting FSX anymore.  In fact, they seem to have dropped FSX a long time ago.

4. It seems the overwhelming majority of our customers are now on P3D V4 anyway, except for a few hold outs.

Again, apologies to anyone still on FSX.

But we have to move forward.

• Like 4

Agreed, most developers have moved on from FSX and it’s time to stop spending resources on it. 

Yep, FSLabs have dropped FSX. In maintaining the product, that is. Not, however, in selling it for quite a high price, while there are still issues which would need fixing. Which is worrisome, also for P3D customers, I would say, because any platform becomes old(er). Unless, of course, one has the necessary resources to upgrade hardware and add-ons to a new platform regularly.

That said, it's probably a good decision then. Even though I'd really have appreciated not reading the checklists to myself any more on the fslabs. I hope it will be different for your ground crew environment, though ;)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

I rather see myself buying P3D in the coming 12 months for the fslabs and new PMDG products, only to find that in two years all studios will cease developing for P3D in favor of the new MSFS 😉

Edited by AntonBunk

It will probably takes YEARS for the developers to figure out FS2020 and all its internal workings.  Scenery guys may not have so much of a problem, but the aircraft guys probably will.

Because aircraft are 1000 times more complex than scenery.

My personal guess is we'll be using P3D for a long time to come.

Sorry Brian

Not suporting FSX not buying the plane or the crew

Disappointed

johnney