Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Poll: How do you want to pay for MS2020?

How do you want to pay for MS2020?  

202 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Assuming MS2020 wants a money stream… ( note multiple choice!)

• 1 - Sure, what's another subscription, I'll get it.
    • 1 - If the scheme is fair I'll consider it.
    • 1 - Requires a subscription, I'll not buy or play it.
    • 2 - Own then piecemeal like Flight, is what I'd prefer.
    • 3 - Monthly subscription is fine.
    • 3 - I want pay per use, so per minute or Gigabyte payment scheme.
    • 4 - Other.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

I want to pay for it in unmarked, non-sequential, low denomination bills, placed in three black plastic bin bags, left on the third floor of an abandoned multi-storey car park, at midnight.🤣

How about Monopoly money?

Vic green

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

So you would be OK download 2-3 TB of data for a flight possibly a short flight at that, then again for another flight.

More like 2-3 GB, and it may be the only option.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

11 minutes ago, LHookins said:

More like 2-3 GB, and it may be the only option.

Hook

That would not cover an airport 🙄.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

All these posts with opinions are purely subjective. The cost will be based on the base sim.  The question no one has pondered is , 'What does the base sim have and include?'  

Thats what determines how the subscription model has value. Does it include full wx thats realistic enough and doesnt need 3PD?  What about default airports? Are they good enough and do not need enhanced airport addons from 3PD? Certainly there wont be high fidelity aircraft that will fill the needs of everyone. GSX? ATC addons? AI?  

If you look at the thread of 'what we want' , its enormous and if everything was covered and done so in a sufficient way, then the base sim would be a higher cost be it subscription based or not. But I doubt they will be able to cover everything , if it is even possible.  3PD will always be an integral part of enhancing. The default will only go so far. 

So the subscription model if thats what it is, would have to be reasonable enough to cover streaming, server costs , but also take into account, that most will probably buy addons.  Thats what FSX success was made on.  Things that said were impossible, were then made a reality years later by 3PDs. Perhaps it wouldve been made possible faster if MS had continued to support and update the base sim.  

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

18 hours ago, Paraffin said:

It's not really free. You don't pay for it, but you're the "product" that's sold to advertisers when you pull up Google Maps on a PC or phone, and see all those nice highlighted restaurants and other places of business.

Google Is an advertising-supported business. We don't want ads in our flight sims, so streamed content (if that's what it is) has to be paid for in a different way, by the end-users. That's what the Xbox Cloud thing is all about, although we don't know yet exactly how MFS fits into that.
[...]
We still don't know how it will work, this is all just guesswork. But streaming large amounts of data is never "free." Someone always pays for it somewhere.

Other.

Before starting a flight, you have to meander amongst several screens of adverts to replicate that pre-flight shopping experience that every terminal seems to have.

I want multiple advertising hoardings at airport sceneries to have clickable Google sorry, Bing Ads.

During a flight, we can have Ryanair-style constant generic announcements to buy products, based on your browsing history :blush: - "just click the link at the bottom of the screen".

That would give us a sim that actually is As Real As It Gets!  :uwe_merm:

• Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

29 minutes ago, XMAN said:

The way i purchased P3D would that work?

What, three times over? :biggrin:

• Like 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, Ron Attwood said:

What, three times over? :biggrin:

Or you could be like me.  Just buy v4 once.  :)   Then sit back with a black-and-tan.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 minutes ago, Mace said:

Or you could be like me.  Just buy v4 once.  🙂  Then sit back with a black-and-tan.

Smart. :smile:

8 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Very! 🙂

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

10 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

On the other hand. What happens when v5 becomes the next 'Greatest simulator of all time...Evah'? Eh? Eh?

Best case scenario is they sell it at $60 then continue to release super high quality modules at a premium. That will more than cover any azure costs (which i honestly think are overstated on this forum)

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I keep waiting for my Chevy Z07.R free update for my C5 ... but Chevy keep telling me I have to pay for it ... it's the same brand name Corvette, has 4 wheels, has an engine, has a steering wheel, has seats and windows ... it's virtually the same car, why do I have to pay for it ... I just don't get it.

Cheers, Rob.

Or you could say that you bought a brand new Chevrolet where the engine was broken, but Chevy asked you to pay for a new engine... 

I bought every version and have no regrets. I just wanted FSX SP3 and never thought LM would be in it for the long haul. But in hindsight I could have stayed with FSX until P3D V3. 

• Like 3

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

11 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

....until P3D V3.

Or 4, or 5.