Sign in to follow this  
iMoveQuick

Windows update broke the PMDG 747.

34 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

No.

Ok. I was wondering if it might be OP's issue as there is a setting that needs to be disabled in REX EF because it was causing PMDG Planes to CTD upon loading.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Sounds like a solution for the 0P. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, late to the party.

I had the same problem then in EF, Manual Mode, Settings, General, (cog wheel), turn off "Enable debug Mode", I did that and the problem went away.

Chris.

Just my two cents, I also had a Windows update the other night but my PMDG runs fine. Just loaded the 747 at Stansted for the sake of a test and all looks fine to me. It seems the EF tips would be on the money, as I do not have this.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I had the Win10 update on Wednesday and the next time I turned on my computer whilst the task bar was present, none of my desktop icons were. I waited for around 20 minutes just in case the update was doing something in the background yet the icons still refused to come out to play. I then turned my computer off and on again and everything loaded normally.

This evening I turned on my computer and loaded P3DV4 and selected a flight, the screen went black and after about 30 seconds P3D crashed to desktop, I tried again with the same result. I turned of my computer and on again only to once again find all the desktop icons missing. As it had worked on Wednesday I again turned off the computer and then rebooted and as on Wednesday everything loaded normally. Encouraged by this I opened P3D and loaded a saved flight which to my amazement loaded normally and I had a perfect GA flight in A2A's Bonanza.

This is a new computer and I have only so far installed 3 A2A's planes and PMDG's 747-400 and 8 together with PMDG's 777-200 and 300 plus some Orbx scenery and a few of my add on airports. The only flight I have tried since the Window's update was the Bonanza one.

My experience is that I seem to be getting sporadic problems with both Windows 10 and P3Dv4 since the Window's update but they are in my case overcome by turning off and on my computer.

Edited by Nixon

4 hours ago, Nixon said:

My experience is that I seem to be getting sporadic problems with both Windows 10 and P3Dv4 since the Window's update but they are in my case overcome by turning off and on my computer.

You shouldn't have to suffer with this "fix".  Many others, including me, who have updated to the latest update are not having the same issues.  This indicates to me the installation went bad somewhere (maybe because of Windows Defender blocked some required files?)  If the update was fairly recent you can revert to the previous version in Windows Update.  Might be worth a try before things get more corrupted.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 7/12/2019 at 3:04 AM, snapshot21 said:

By any chance, are you running REX Environment Force?

Yes I am, but on the pmdg forum they said there was a hotfix, which I installed. Still nothing. Might delete the shaders first though.

28 minutes ago, iMoveQuick said:

Yes I am, but on the pmdg forum they said there was a hotfix, which I installed. Still nothing. Might delete the shaders first though.

I believe you still have to disable "debug mode" in REX EF. Try the instructions provided by @ChrisDa a few posts back. I think your issue will be fixed.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090