Sign in to follow this  
iMoveQuick

Windows update broke the PMDG 747.

Hi there,

So I just wanted to ask you guy's if you've experienced any crashes with the 747-400 and 747-8 after the latest windows update. Because p3d crashes just after loading. I don't even see the plane itself.

No error message, nothing.

~iMoveQuick

Seems okay to me so far...

spacer.png

The PMDG 747 should not be loading at startup to the setup screen so suspect you mean loading after clicking on Fly NOW.  There are many things loading the scenario you have setup.   You state there is no error message.  Did you mean you did not see an error message, just the crash?  If there was an error message in AppCrashView showing a PMDG error, I would agree but it could also be your FSUIPC (if installed), any scenery or one of the modules loading via the dll.xml located in the same folder as the scenery.cfg or the one located in the same folder as the p3d.cfg.  You need to provide us with an AppcrashView report or Event Viewer Report (see AVSIM CTD Guide - link in my signature - pages 6, 7, and 9).  AVSIM has posted possible solutions when freezing while loading a flight (Page 33).  I think it was a freeze instead of a crash.  You should let us know where the freeze took place.  At 6%, 80%, etc.?  This tells us what was loading at the time of the event.  I loaded my PMDG 747 a FSDT KLAX and I did see an error message behind the P3D screen stating that Windows Defender has blocked some of the features of PMDG.  Asked me if I wanted them unblocked and I answered yes.  The PMDG 747 still loaded okay even with the msg.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No I'm not having any crash reports, not in the event viewer, so can't tell what module is faulting. The crash is a followed:

Started p3d, loaded the 747-400/-8, selected user defined weather, changed the airport to EHAM and set the right time. After that I clicked fly now and p3d loads up normally and the UI loads up but the plane is not showing and then out of the blue is just crashes.

July 9th: Did 4 legs without any CTD.

July 10t: Windows got an update, didn't update anything or installed anything, but the 747 isn't working anymore. The other models are though.

~Aces

Edited by iMoveQuick

1 hour ago, iMoveQuick said:

Because p3d crashes just after loading. I don't even see the plane itself.

After deftly avoiding 1903, curiosity finally got the best of me and I let it get installed. The same thing happened to me also and I wasn't running the 747. What I did was to edit a line in Prepar3d.cfg. See if you have a line like:

[USERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=<file location>

Delete the file location, save the file and restart P3d4 without any external apps (like weather injectors, etc.). P3d4 should start up with the default scenario. If that doesn't work, try a repair install for P3d4.

I did try to run p3d as default and that works fine, just the 747 is crashing..

All other PMDG planes load up fine.

This post seems to sum up my problem:

Edited by iMoveQuick

I'm 3 hours into a 7 hour flight in the 748 - P3Dv4.51 Win10 1903 build 18362.239

Working fine for me. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the 74 is not too much of a chore; that is what I would do.

8 minutes ago, pracines said:

I'm 3 hours into a 7 hour flight in the 748 - P3Dv4.51 Win10 1903 build 18362.239

Working fine for me. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the 74 is not too much of a chore; that is what I would do.

Already that...Still nothing.

I've also submitted a ticket.

1 hour ago, iMoveQuick said:

I did try to run p3d as default and that works fine, just the 747 is crashing..

All other PMDG planes load up fine.

This post seems to sum up my problem:

This is probably a dumb question, but if you start with the default scenario in P3d and then from the menu, change to the 747, does P3d4 still CTD?

I noticed no one responded to your post on the official PMDG forum. Did you create a support ticket?

Yes I did and that worked fine. Only loading up at airports causes the sim to crash. At every aiport.

I have no addon scenery installed, I just fly on default.

And yeah, I also posted it on the PMDG forums and created a support ticket.

UPDATE;

I just re-installed all my PMDG products and the 747 seems to load up fine, only the plane is not "Starting", but that will be a problem for another day....

Let you know if anything changes

8 minutes ago, iMoveQuick said:

UPDATE;

I just re-installed all my PMDG products and the 747 seems to load up fine, only the plane is not "Starting", but that will be a problem for another day....

Let you know if anything changes

Problem got worse again...The sim won't even boot with any PMDG product...

If you reinstalled the "PMDG Products" you may not have the many updates provided by the PMDG Operations Center unless you recently purchased them all and the PMDG installer now includes the latest versions.

I updated Windows 10 two days ago and have no issues with running the PMDG products (I own them all).  Occasionally I will run the PMDG Operations Center and see if there are any updates to any of the products.

You did not receive a CTD or "crash" as there is nothing in the event viewer or the AppCrashView report about the incidents.  Freezes are very difficult to resolve.  Page 34, AVSIM CTD Guide provides some resolutions used by other members to include Flight Simmers on other websites.

I hope you installed the PMDG Products with Administrative Privileges.  I do and I have yet to see a problem related to PMDG products.  I did receive issues with the Carenado module CMeteoXml.dll which is loaded by one of the dll.xml's.  If you have ASP4 and enabled real world weather and then loaded your sim into a heavy rainstorm, PMDG will freeze up and so will all of the heavies you have installed.  The Carenado module is their weather radar and works fine in normal to moderate weather but it does not like heavy weather.  It took me a couple of days and a trouble ticket to HiFi to figure this was the problem.  In the dll.xml in the same folder as the P3D.cfg, rename the dll.xml to dll.off and restart your sim.  Or, turn off any heavy weather if it was loaded too.

As you can see from the above members, there are many who are not having issues with PMDG products with the latest Windows 10 version so it appears you have an installation problem with the Windows 10 update (you can reverse the Windows update for a short period of time and go back to the previous version). 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

By any chance, are you running REX Environment Force?

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

19 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

By any chance, are you running REX Environment Force?

No.

Submit News to AVSIM