Sign in to follow this  

Out of the Iconic Innsbruck airport headed west towards Zurich over the Tyrol, passing Liechtenstein, and the Glarner Alps, perhaps the most beautiful route to enjoy, by air or by land, I have been on this route by land often in both directions, last stopping in Liechtenstein in 2017.  Last visit to Innsbruck was in 1991....

John

alQXB1N.png
8q4o76k.png
FIJyE1s.png
kCWJq8w.png
xfgcMCN.png
wQLtvoB.png
E7co0sm.png
HA03zXI.png
Poi3u5w.png
6xSdbIK.png
yzmNe9L.png
8arxfHk.png
HEXRuyu.png
E0AKkjd.png
vID0NPJ.png
mb2Qhof.png
yjWZ4GV.png
Wr5T4Bs.png
T93ejaT.png
bRtM06e.png

• Upvote 1

I can only visualize the sights (I mean pictures) of Innsbruck as displayed by the Orbx add-on on their website, which, btw, never stops to amaze me in its realism and details...

But, John, a (RL) visit to this charming Austrian City must have been a unique experience...! Lovely shots, here, of the en-route mountains on the way to Zurich...especially on a sunny and bright day....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

I can only visualize the sights (I mean pictures) of Innsbruck as displayed by the Orbx add-on on their website, which, btw, never stops to amaze me in its realism and details...

But, John, a (RL) visit to this charming Austrian City must have been a unique experience...! Lovely shots, here, of the en-route mountains on the way to Zurich...especially on a sunny and bright day....

In the times I have stayed in Innsbruck, I have stayed in four different hotels, but my favorite was the Weisses Kreuz, in the main pedestrian zone, where Mozart stayed once.  My room looked over the pedestrian zone and the golden roof, Innsbruck's iconic building.  A couple of times on my visits to Innsbruck, it snowed, and I love falling snow, it looks so beautiful especially at night.  I do not like to shovel it, or fall on it. 

LOL in Montreal it had just heavily snowed and I was walking downtown.  My foot slipped and suddenly I was looking at my feet three feet up in the air, and I fell flat on my back.  I hoped no one was looking, if anyone did they were polite enough not to laugh at me, but I laughed with them!  It was my second business trip ever out of close to one hundred over the years, I remember it well, and the good humor of my clients in Montreal.  I flew home on Air Canada and just prior to my visit, a colleague who flew out to prep my client flew Air Canada home and had a mechanical problem close to landing. 

As fate would have it, as one of four or five near misses I have had with aircraft crashes, my flight home from Toronto after I had flown in on a connection flight from Montreal had a problem with the landing gear indicators, but the pilot lied to us and told us we were going to go around due to traffic.  I knew he had lied because as we overflew one of the runway 28's in Frisco, lights were shown on our undercarriage to confirm the gear was down, I could see them aiming the lights from the ground.  When we landed, the runway was lined with emergency vehicles, just in case, which then followed us to our gate, safe and sound. 

I was not the only passenger who knew something was wrong, we all chattered about it as we got off the aircraft.  So an Air Canada jinx happened twice, to me and my colleague, but after that future Air Canada flights I made were just fine, like one I took on July 4th, 1998 to Toronto so I could teach hotel business practices to a Best Western opening up in St. Jacobs.  There I got the biggest compliment, because the manager I taught was a teacher and she told me I taught her the business when others could not make her understand it.  Travel was my business, just came natural, with all the flights I have been on to different hotels.  When you stay in a lot of hotels, like the Weisses Kreuz, you know how they run, anyone can manage a hotel if they just consider it their home, then naturally they would know how to handle their hotel(house) guests.

https://www.hotels.com/ho290524/?pa=1&tab=description&ZSX=0&SYE=3&q-room-0-children=0&q-room-0-adults=2

John

Edited by John_Cillis