Sign in to follow this  
chass32

July 11th development update

6 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Okay, just for fun, here's the earlier shot with some color correction and fake depth of field whipped up on short notice:

Bell412%20-%20Cockpit%20Panel%20-%20Blur

I'm not saying this is exactly equal to the quality of the MFS panel, and it's on a 1920x1200 display, not 4k, and without all texture settings on high (my rig ain't the greatest).

As a technology demo, I think it shows why I'm not seeing anything "jaw dropping" in the MFS shot. It's what we should expect with a modern sim. 

Okay. Go in same close up on the AI Cage...

Edited by Guest

Sorry but still looks more or less same. Msfs graphics engine is just something else and you cant reproduce what they have right now so I guess we should move on from this debate since nothing productive will come out of this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 minute ago, Baber20 said:

Sorry but still looks more or less same. Msfs graphics engine is just something else and you cant reproduce what they have right now so I guess we should move on from this debate since nothing productive will come out of this.

Agreed.

Did anyone add to the "What We Know" Thread; Complex, highly detailed VC ?

25 minutes ago, ganter said:

Okay. Go in same close up on the AI Cage...

Okay. What are you expecting to see (or not see) here?

Bell412%20-%20ADI%20Closeup.png

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Paraffin I'm worried about your eye's health .. or is it all xplane fans who have a problem with their eyes ???

If you really can't notice the tremendous superiority of the mfs screen versus yours then there is nothing we can do for you, you are truly delusional

Edited by cepact
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paraffin said:

Okay. What are you expecting to see (or not see) here?

Bell412%20-%20ADI%20Closeup.png

What I was expecting to see - I see!

Soft graphics - to distract attention from a lack of polygon complexity/ numbers. (Understandable due to the old code - yes, I now it's X-Plane - same applies)

That darned cartoony look to everything that kills immersion before it's born.

Look at the Marker Indicator (AOM's)  yellow/ blue/ red - for goodness sake - abysmal.

As I said - it looks good - for what we have - currently - really good in fact. We've all been doing it - shelling out our hard-earned cash for this stuff - I'm as guilty as the next man - I have a shed (hangar) load of Addons - and I'm really happy with them. I'm back in FSX - having cancelled my license for the other ESP based sim since the big announcement.

But it's not a patch on what's to come from the info slowly dripping down to us from on high.

It's time to allow ourselves the luxury of getting genuinely excited. 

It's going to be great. Forget the poor foxes who've lost their tails (a few Devs, Individuals, weirdos obsessed with the Status Quo)  - there's' plenty of them around here (I shall stick with P3D  because MS are.../ because I've spent 5K, because MS have let us down in the past, etc)  

Embrace the new my boy. It's going to blow your mind.

I'll see you in the skies...

Come on... It's not even close (visually speaking) and that's fine. It looks good, but not even closer to the visual quality the MS screenshot shows.

Low poly textures, jagged shadows, blurry textures and so on.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 minutes ago, cepact said:

Paraffin I'm worried about your eye's health .. or is it all xplane fans who have a problem with their eyes ???

If you really can't notice the tremendous superiority of the mfs screen versus yours then there is nothing we can do for you, you are truly delusional

The MS looks better to my eyes, but I wonder what resolution it has, was it 4k or 8k? But the PBR implementation looks very good.

My point is, maybe Paraffin sees it good on his system but the resolution of the picture is different from the one provided by MS.

Is complicated to compare both if not taken with the same parameters, so perhaps from Paraffin point of view they look the same.

Regards,

S.

20 hours ago, simbol said:

Microsoft don't read AVSIM or any other forums, they read their own gaming forums and insiders community forums, it is standard company policy.

S.

The suggestion by Microsoft is that they have recieved feedback from the community and not there own gaming forums, this was evidenced in the June 20th post on the fsi website.

22 minutes ago, simbol said:

The MS looks better to my eyes, but I wonder what resolution it has, was it 4k or 8k? But the PBR implementation looks very good.

My point is, maybe Paraffin sees it good on his system but the resolution of the picture is different from the one provided by MS.

Is complicated to compare both if not taken with the same parameters, so perhaps from Paraffin point of view they look the same.

Regards,

S.

Sorry, no Simbol. Doubt it.

A screenshot is a screenshot.

Perhaps the injection of artefacts on compression to post online is a consideration. But if you study the two shots side by side and know just the basics to do with how compression works - you'll realise that - irrespective of the resolution of the monitor - the end resulting JPEG is pretty accurate as to what was viewed on the screen.

Sorry - I do this sort of thing for a living. I know I'm right. Years at it!

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Paraffin said:

I'm having a hard time understanding some of these reactions. Not just yours, there's a lot of shock and awe being expressed over that MFS panel screenshot. Haven't any of 'yall ever flown a recent sim?

I don't get it. That's a nice pane,l but it's not world-shattering increase over what's out there and flyable now. Here's what the panel of my Bell 412 looks like in XP11.

Bell412%20-%20Cockpit%20Panel.png

3D gauges and sunlight/shadow has been in sims for years. This isn't "my sim is better than yours," just a demonstration of the state of the art. It's nice that MS is catching up, but I don't see anything world-shattering in that panel shot at the top of the thread, unless you've only been flying FS9 or something similar.

Paraffin, it's not even close. Take the circumference of the dials, the curved geometry is made of flat lines in Bell 412 cockpit but look totally smooth on the MSFS 2020 screenshot. Every aspect of the MSFS cockpit is rendered significantly better quality than the screenshot you posted and thats really exciting for 3PD when they get there hand's on the tech in the near future.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MartinHannon said:

Looks great, makes me wonder if it's game footage or a cutscene.

It's neither - in a technical sense.

It's a screen capture.

3 minutes ago, ganter said:

It's neither - in a technical sense.

It's a screen capture.

Granted, and apologies Ganter, I meant to imply I was thinking about thew source of the image.

7 minutes ago, MartinHannon said:

Granted, and apologies Ganter, I meant to imply I was thinking about thew source of the image.

A fair point Martin - we don't know if it was an isolated frame of a sequence captured - and in fact - if you look back at the thread you can see a screen capture was taken slightly later in the day - if the sun's position casting shadows on the panel is to be considered - so all in all - a fair point.