Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Flight1 G500/600 gauges

Hi Mark, and all,

After sitting on the fence for some months I finally took the plunge and purchased the FA50 and I'm very impressed. In addition, I think Wickedbacon deserves considerable credit for bringing the visuals up to the high standard of the system implementation. The combination of his work and your airplane makes this a true top-shelf add-on in my opinion.

My question is whether FSW might consider supporting the VC implementation of the Flight1 G500/600 gauges? These appear to operate in a similar vein to the GTN navigators in that the gauges run with the Garmin trainer in the background.

I would consider the FA50 an excellent candidate for a glass cockpit retrofit, and it seems sad to me that more developers haven't taken on the challenge of adding these gauges to their VC. Interested in people's thoughts on whether they would support this as a feature? For my money I would probably alternate between the two of them, being a big fan of steam gauge and hybrid flight decks!

Cheers

Mark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

FSW is attempting to stay close to the real airplanes that they model... so the question might be:  Are there any Falcons out there, equipped with a Garmin G600?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

FSW is attempting to stay close to the real airplanes that they model... so the question might be:  Are there any Falcons out there, equipped with a Garmin G600?

Fair question Bert, and the answer appears to be no. There is a retrofit called 'insight' and of course there are some proline retrofits as well, which makes more sense I guess.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

But still it would be a great option to have the model for it 🙂

In the corporate world we are far less strict when it comes to equipment Installed. Something I am obsessed about with airliners 🙂

On 7/12/2019 at 6:16 AM, markadeane said:

Fair question Bert, and the answer appears to be no. There is a retrofit called 'insight' and of course there are some proline retrofits as well, which makes more sense I guess.

Hi Folks,

Well - the "Pro Line 21" development is the stated cause for the massive multi year delay on the MilViz King Air - that might be a rats nest we should steer clear of - unless someone has a clear idea on how to develop one...

Regards,

Scott 

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Nobody talks about a ProLine21. That is a WHOLE different animal. All of the highly integrated avionics suits are hard to develop. This is the reason to suggest the g500/600 

On 8/20/2019 at 9:45 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Well - the "Pro Line 21" development is the stated cause for the massive multi year delay on the MilViz King Air - that might be a rats nest we should steer clear of - unless someone has a clear idea on how to develop one...

Regards,

Scott 

Agreed! Steam gauges seem to be a safer bet all round. 

• Like 1