Sign in to follow this  
BigG433

Pilot2ATC in VR - X Plane 11

Howdy! Nearing the end of my trial period using the P2A application and would like to purchase! However, I primarily fly using a Rift in VR. I've spent the past several days trying to utilize P2A in VR. It is probably not intended to be used in VR since it's interaction occurs in separate window but I was wondering if anyone has managed to integrate P2A's use while flying VR. It's possible to bring an external window into your FOV in VR, just haven't found a way to interact with P2A as you would in 2D.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

G

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

Using the STEAM app OVRDrop to bring a 2D P2A window into VR I have been able to interact with P2A in the cockpit.  I use the Mouse, but the  controllers also were able to click on the buttons.  There are probably other ways to do the same thing.

Many users also just set up the flight plan and file it before going under the hood, and then fly just using the cockpit instruments and interacting with ATC.  

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll take a look at OVRDrop. Appreciate your prompt response!

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

5 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Using the STEAM app OVRDrop to bring a 2D P2A window into VR I have been able to interact with P2A in the cockpit.  I use the Mouse, but the  controllers also were able to click on the buttons.  There are probably other ways to do the same thing.

Many users also just set up the flight plan and file it before going under the hood, and then fly just using the cockpit instruments and interacting with ATC.  

Dave

Dave,

Have you done much flying in VR in P3D? I just got a Rift S a few weeks ago. I find XP 11 much easier to use with VR because of plug ins like Avitab. I haven't been able to master pulling in windows from the desktop and getting them to work in P3D.

NAX669.png

I have been able to bring P2A into the cockpit with FlyInside running with P3D.  There may be other solutions, but I haven't found them.

Dave

• Like 1

I don't use the Steam app for flight simming. However, I did try running X-Plane in VR using the Steam app but was not able to open in VR unless I first fired up the Oculus app. As I understand from the information I've been able to find, OVRDrop will only work with apps that use Steam native VR. I even tried a suggestion to set the .exe to win 7 compatibility but this only triggered errors when starting X-Plane.

Will continue looking for other options...g