Sign in to follow this  
nas123

My next flight will be in MSFS2020

The problem with the flighsim from Microsoft is that I have lost all interest in simming in P3D. It just looks outdated and boring, even before MSFS2020 is released.

The first new flight I will be firing up is going to be in MSFS2020.

Is it just me?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Yes, it's just you. My next flight will be the PMDG 737-700w NGX departing EGGP Liverpool about an hour from now (P3D v4) :cool:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Yep, it's just you. My next flight will be the PMDG 737-700w NGX departing EGGP Liverpool about an hour from now (P3D v4) :cool:

Have a nice flight and do not look too much at the cartoon cockpit grapichs.🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Yep, it's just you. My next flight will be the PMDG 737-700w NGX departing EGGP Liverpool about an hour from now (P3D v4) :cool:

No, it isn't.  I recently rebuilt my sim PC with a 9900k (already had a 2080 Ti) and picked up another 1TB NVME SSD just to house my simulators.  I'm debating whether to even go through the work of reinstalling P3D, all my add-ons, configuring controls, tweaking settings, TROUBLESHOOTING ADD-ONS THAT DON'T WORK PROPERLY, and finally using the sim.  

About to have our 7th child and move into a new house.  By the time things are "back to normal" MSFS 2020 might even be out.

• Like 1

By the time he or she goes to primary school you may still be waiting..........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ngxu_banner.png

1 minute ago, ailchim said:

By the time he or she goes to primary school you may still be waiting..........

🙄

yeah, that's why Microsoft mentioned 2020 in the release announcement.  

44 minutes ago, nas123 said:

The first new flight I will be firing up is going to be in MSFS2020.

Is it just me?

So your just going to wait in this virtual forum for the next 12 months waiting for next MS flight simulator?

Geeze get over it. Go and smell the roses. Fix the house. Install XP/Zibo mod. Anything.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 2

I have to admit, that since the trailer I can't  even touch XP. I'm not saying that I'm gonna wait for MFS2020, but lately I only play DCS. 

Dude, everytime I saw those ugly clouds or the lack of AI traffic... I can't enjoy it enough. 

• Upvote 1

I'm going to keep flying in P3D all the way up until FS11 is released and I can see exactly what it ends up being.  And even if it's a good enough sim to get me to buy it, I'll likely still be flying in P3D alongside it for a very long time as I wait for the 3rd parties to sell new addons for FS11.  FS Economy alone will likely keep me flying P3D for years until (even if?) a client for FSE is created for FS11.

It's great that we have hope for the future of simulation finally progressing in a major way, but that progression won't be happening instantly or even quickly.  It will take time, and while that slow progress happens I'll likely still be flying P3D.

Unless of course MS hits it out of the park and releases a very serious realistic flight simulation with tons of 3rd party support at launch complete with full Simconnect support and way early SDK's.  There is a possibility my P3D days are numbered much lower than I anticipate.  I wouldn't be angry at that mind you, I simply don't expect MS to do that thorough of a job, LOL.

• Upvote 1

I am pretty much done with civilian sims for the moment also, especially P3D due to the very same reasons you allude to. DCS, on the other hand, still looks and performs great and for sure won't be threatened by MSFS, therefore it will keep me busy for the next months!

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Yup, just you, enjoy it

Will be using the current sim until msfs comes out and is stable. Life goes on

XP11 & MSFS2020

AMD 5900X EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 64GB GSKILL Trident Z 3600mhz

I've got a PC-12 and a Bell 412 in the FSEconomy game, with monthly overhead. I'd lose them if I quit flying assignments (my bank account in the game is pretty slim). The Pilatus is touring Japan in the first leg of what may turn out to be a world tour. The Bell was based in Idaho, and I'm now ferrying it over to the coast to check out the Orbx TE Washington scenery. Mostly deadhead flights in the Bell with fuel paid for by PC-12 jobs, because the FSE assignments aren't running in the right direction. And man, do those PT6 Twinpac turboshafts suck fuel!

So, no way am I going to quit flying for the next 12 months. And no way is the new MFS going to be working in FSE any time soon. 😉

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

You are not alone. I've been avoiding simming since the trailer was released. 

In the meantime, just doing other stuff and reading the news about it.

• Like 2