Sign in to follow this  
nas123

My next flight will be in MSFS2020

The problem is that unless FS2020 is highly backwards compatible (and I suspect it won't be, but who knows), then you could very well be waiting for YEARS before you start seeing the PMDG 737's and FSLabs Airbuses, etc., ported into FS2020.

If you want a glimpse of the ghost of Christmas future, just take a look at the PMDG Jetstream.  They still can't get it running in P3D v4 with all its system running properly, and FSX and P3D are very similar.

So I hope you like your default planes 🙂

My personal guess as a developer is that most people will be using P3D V5 in 2020 and 2021, and then once PMDG, Aerosoft, FSLabs etc., start figuring out how FS2020 works then people will start moving over.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, byork said:

The problem is that unless FS2020 is highly backwards compatible (and I suspect it won't be, but who knows), then you could very well be waiting for YEARS before you start seeing the PMDG 737's and FSLabs Airbuses, etc., ported into FS2020.

If you want a glimpse of the ghost of Christmas future, just take a look at the PMDG Jetstream.  They still can't get it running in P3D v4 with all its system running properly, and FSX and P3D are very similar.

My personal guess as a developer is that most people will be using P3D V5 in 2020 and 2021, and then once PMDG, Aerosoft, FSLabs etc., start figuring out how FS2020 works then people will start moving over.

When the default planes look as good as these do, and I don't have to pay hundreds or even thousands to re-buy the same old add-ons, yeah, I'll gladly use those default add-ons and fly the most modern sim on the market.  

• Like 6

I believe the new MFS will have a big,big impact on us Flightsimmers and the developers. 

Just try to go back to FSX default from P3Dv4 + Addons. Who would like to continue with the old? At least for me it is impossible and I believe for most others as well. This is in our DNA. The same will happen after trying the new MFS. 

Even if addon sales for today's flightsims not will zero, it will decrease dramatic. And that will again result in no more addon developments as the customer base disappear. 

So I really hope all developers join ASAP. Get in touch with MS, ask, beg to get an early SDK

Edited by nas123
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

When the default planes look as good as these do, and I don't have to pay hundreds or even thousands to re-buy the same old add-ons, yeah, I'll gladly use those default add-ons and fly the most modern sim on the market.  

Isn’t the quality (or lack of) the flight model important to you? There are more import things in life than looks. Third party aircraft have always had superior flight models to the default aircraft in Microsoft flight sims for as long as I can remember.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I disagree with the OP.  I completed a flight yesterday in P3d v4.5, Fslabs, payware airports, and it was a beautiful experience.  Sure the new MSFS looks great, but I don’t take P3d for granted at all. P3d is looking fantastic. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Orman

While Microsoft and Asobo hopefully get FS2020 ready for launch, I am getting my Quest Kodiak ready for a flight in Southern Alaska, along with a bunch of like minded companions..

As far as I am concerned, P3DV4.5. does the job nicely, and Tongass Fjords and Misty Moorings scenery is the best I have seen (anywhere)..

Enjoy your days/weeks/months on the Forum!

I am going flying :cool:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

3 hours ago, nas123 said:

The problem with the flighsim from Microsoft is that I have lost all interest in simming in P3D. It just looks outdated and boring, even before MSFS2020 is released.

The first new flight I will be firing up is going to be in MSFS2020.

Is it just me?

No... I haven't bothered with P3D since v4.1. I sold off my cockpit peripherals and have been on FS pause for quite a while. With all the excitement lately I just had to run P3D, but had a CTD 10 minutes before landing and suddenly I remembered why I gave up the hobby... 

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

2 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

Is it possible to play DCS single player?

Sure. Most people only fly single player on DCS. You can do campaigns, single missions, user generates content or even design your own sorties.

Great stuff.

The only thing that really missing is a dynamic campaign system, something that is apparently being worked on. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

43 minutes ago, okupton said:

I disagree with the OP.  I completed a flight yesterday in P3d v4.5, Fslabs, payware airports, and it was a beautiful experience.  Sure the new MSFS looks great, but I don’t take P3d for granted at all. P3d is looking fantastic. 

I did the same the other day and really could not feel any thrill or be in anyway excited by the experience. The FSlabs, and P3D in general feels so bland to me lately. I am almost uninstalling it completely. 

• Like 5

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I think: to place such high expectations on another sim that has delivered a few screen shots, trailers, and words and then believe/think it's going to rock our world whenever it arrives...ugh: total setup for disappointment and let-down. FS2020 is far away and pretty vague at this point. Stop simming and wait? I think not.

P3D4.5/XP11 both perform and look quite well, thanks, and many enjoyable flight hours await. (maybe I have a different version of P3D 4.5 😉 than those that claim things are 'boring' and 'outdated', lol). Mine is anything but boring. 

And then, there's this: I am excitedly looking forward to the release of whatever MS delivers. But I'll sit back and stop, look, and listen before engaging. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

3 hours ago, nas123 said:

The problem with the flighsim from Microsoft is that I have lost all interest in simming in P3D. It just looks outdated and boring, even before MSFS2020 is released.

The first new flight I will be firing up is going to be in MSFS2020.

Is it just me?

Well, I haven not stop using X-Plane, but I have stopped buying addons for it. A summer sale just ended on the org site and I could not bring myself to buy anything in light of what MSFS is doing.

However, I did delete P3D about a year ago as the maintenance (updates, tons of addon,s etc) just took away from the fun of flying, and the night flying and flattened areas looked so outdated.

Anyway, I can certainly see why someone would take a break from flight slimming until MSFS delivers their next project. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FlyBaby said:

Anyway, I can certainly see why someone would take a break from flight slimming until MSFS delivers their next project.

Which can take "Years", mention to me one single software release from MS that has not being delayed? :wink:

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, byork said:

It didn’t take long to transfer XP11 default 737 into a viable full-scale simulator. Why can’t the same paradigm occur in MSFS?  BTW, I don’t want ported P3D products, which serve as a mechanism for some add-on developers to charge full price (3 digits) for the same product. To that end, I’m hoping there’s more Zibo and less PMDG.  Not because I lack disposable income, but because I believe the former is more beneficial to the growth of our community than the latter.  

• Like 3

Matt King

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Which can take "Years", mention to me one single software release from MS that has not being delayed? :wink:

S.

Your question distracts from the OP's point.

Back when XP10 was released, I took a 2 year break from flight slimming until the updates brought the sim to a place where I could get some satisfaction.

If it is 2 years or 3 years, then so be it, There are other things in life (like real flying) besides using a sim platform that you are not happy with.

• Like 3