Sign in to follow this  
fs1

AIs now following Sloped Runways in P3D

At FSSI we have been doing quite amount of R&D and accomplished AIs to follow Sloped Runways in P3D

This is an initial demo for P3D v4.5 only for you to test. The DLL installed just works with the terrain and AI to accomplish it. It is a BETA version still.

To install the addon, download it from here, and unzip the folder into the %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. For more information see how to do this.

We are working on an overhaul of the ATC/AI engine. More news to come.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Federico

Edited by fs1
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 7

Federico Sucari

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

Thank you - which airports will have sloped runways? I will test it out later in the evening

I tested it on the freeware St. Barth, here.

Federico Sucari

4 minutes ago, fs1 said:

I tested it on the freeware St. Barth, here.

Cool - any Orbx areas that I can try this.  This freeware installs AutogenConfigurationMerger etc (I could be wrong, as it always conflicts with Orbx Central).

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

5 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Cool - any Orbx areas that I can try this.  This freeware installs AutogenConfigurationMerger etc (I could be wrong, as it always conflicts with Orbx Central).

ORBX EGPB has sloped runways. Let me know how it goes.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Whoa, this is hugely exciting!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Federico,

This is a game-changer for us AI enthusiasts. I tried the DLL at some airports with taxiway bridges and all worked lovely. You really deserve a community award for your add-on. First Environment Force and now this. Thanks so much! 

BTW is there any area/situation that we should specifically test? I only noticed some diving of the main gear into the platform before climbing up the taxibridge in MMUN. But FSimstudios made the bridge there a lot stepper than in real life to save on FPS. Frankfurt worked flawlessly.

2019-7-12_21-47-58-22x7jiy.jpg

2019-7-12_22-7-53-954qqj64.jpg

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Wolkenschreck really awesome screenshots.

We should have a list of all airports with sloped runways.  I know Orbx EGPB has one, the freeware scenery mentioned above and MMUN

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

29 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Federico,

This is a game-changer for us AI enthusiasts. I tried the DLL at some airports with taxiway bridges and all worked lovely. You really deserve a community award for your add-on. First Environment Force and now this. Thanks so much! 

BTW is there any area/situation that we should specifically test? I only noticed some diving of the main gear into the platform before climbing up the taxibridge in MMUN. But FSimstudios made the bridge there a lot stepper than in real life to save on FPS. Frankfurt worked flawlessly.

2019-7-12_21-47-58-22x7jiy.jpg

2019-7-12_22-7-53-954qqj64.jpg

Thanks for the feedback and great it works well. If you can test different scenarios with different slopes, 3-D polys would be great.

Thanks

Federico

Federico Sucari

26 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

@Wolkenschreck really awesome screenshots.

We should have a list of all airports with sloped runways.  I know Orbx EGPB has one, the freeware scenery mentioned above and MMUN

ORBX Ketchikan has sloped as well. Regards

Federico Sucari

Amazing!! Downloaded but haven't tested it yet. If we can finally start making airports with slopes, that would be a major step forward. Would also make airport design more complicated, mind you 😉

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I tried and failed to do this 10 years ago with FSX!  This would be revolutionary to AI junkies like me.

This MMUN scenery, would it be the new-ish MMUN released by FSimStudios?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

17 minutes ago, Mace said:

I tried and failed to do this 10 years ago with FSX!  This would be revolutionary to AI junkies like me.

This MMUN scenery, would it be the new-ish MMUN released by FSimStudios?

Yes, that is correct.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, fs1 said:

At FSSI we have been doing quite amount of R&D and accomplished AIs to follow Sloped Runways in P3D

This is an initial demo for P3D v4.5 only for you to test. The DLL installed just works with the terrain and AI to accomplish it. It is a BETA version still.

To install the addon, download it from here, and unzip the folder into the %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. For more information see how to do this.

We are working on an overhaul of the ATC/AI engine. More news to come.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Federico

Federico,

I'm one of the admins at AIG (you might know that AI group as it's the largest AI community for Flightsim. We have made AI flightplans for more than 10 years now, and have also made AI callsigns, AI models, AI repaints and AI programs. So we have some knowledge about AI. All of this for free!

Maybe we can start a co-op regarding this project? I'm sure we can help each other to make the overhaul of the AI engine even better! 

Send me a PM if it's something you would like.

• Like 5

AIG co-admin, AIG flightplanner, AI repainter and AFCAD designer.
Signature1.jpg