Sign in to follow this  
fs1

AIs now following Sloped Runways in P3D

LLH Creation do sloped runways in P3Dv4. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

46 minutes ago, johanfrc said:

Federico,

I'm one of the admins at AIG (you might know that AI group as it's the largest AI community for Flightsim. We have made AI flightplans for more than 10 years now, and have also made AI callsigns, AI models, AI repaints and AI programs. So we have some knowledge about AI. All of this for free!

Maybe we can start a co-op regarding this project? I'm sure we can help each other to make the overhaul of the AI engine even better! 

Send me a PM if it's something you would like.

Thanks for the offer. I will PM you.

Our idea is to release shortly the next AI-ATC features such as active runways, AP PID custom controllers, and AI FDE/Separation features.

Edited by fs1
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

Our idea is to release shortly the next AI-ATC features such as active runways, AP PID custom controllers, and AI FDE/Separation features.

This would be amazing. Looking forward to it!

Many thanks, will test it out! Airports that come in mind are Leipzig, Frankfurt...

12 hours ago, fs1 said:

This little DLL is truely revolutionary. Thanks! I've been testing it extensively. No problems so far. Looking forward to the next thing you have mentioned.

The only thing that bothers me is the window that appears when P3D is loded and one has to click OK every time. Is that necessary?

Cheers

Edited by nthabti79

PAKT Ketchikan is an interesting airport. I never thought that I would ever need to edit the AFCAD to make it AI compliable and it seems ORBX had the same opinion. PAKT's AFCAD does only come with a runway and ILS but without any parking positions or ramps. I did a quick and dirty AFCAD and can say that the ground behavior of the AI is working very well. 

But there seems to be a limitation with the flaring of the aircraft, which is related to the airport altitude. ORBX designed the runway with an elevation of 40.6m (what is also the airport altitude in the AFCAD) and the parking positions are at an elevation of 15.58m. It was necessary to reduce the airport altitude to 15.58m as the AI aircraft would otherwise not descend down to the ramp level and would taxi on an invisible platform that is on the same 40.6m as the runway. But it seems that landing AI will now also aim to flare for a runway thas is expected at 15.58m. However, the runway is still at 40.6m and the AI now hitting hard in the runway without any flare (which makes sense to me as the AI is probably calculating with the airport reference data).

Do you have any idea how this can be handled, Federico? But PAKT might be an extreme example here.

• Like 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

48 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

PAKT Ketchikan is an interesting airport. I never thought that I would ever need to edit the AFCAD to make it AI compliable and it seems ORBX had the same opinion. PAKT's AFCAD does only come with a runway and ILS but without any parking positions or ramps. I did a quick and dirty AFCAD and can say that the ground behavior of the AI is working very well. 

But there seems to be a limitation with the flaring of the aircraft, which is related to the airport altitude. ORBX designed the runway with an elevation of 40.6m (what is also the airport altitude in the AFCAD) and the parking positions are at an elevation of 15.58m. It was necessary to reduce the airport altitude to 15.58m as the AI aircraft would otherwise not descend down to the ramp level and would taxi on an invisible platform that is on the same 40.6m as the runway. But it seems that landing AI will now also aim to flare for a runway thas is expected at 15.58m. However, the runway is still at 40.6m and the AI now hitting hard in the runway without any flare (which makes sense to me as the AI is probably calculating with the airport reference data).

Do you have any idea how this can be handled, Federico? But PAKT might be an extreme example here.

Well airport design should be adapted now, that other idea will changing the airport landing altitude as well. I will do some tests.

Federico Sucari

Just started a flight from FSimStudios Cancun gate 53 with the QW787..

Upon pushback with GSX I got continuous 'to flow flaps' messages.

After pushback the aircraft bounced  heavily until reaching the taxiway adjecent to RWY12R.

Did not have this behaviour without this tool?

Edited by edemeijer

5 minutes ago, edemeijer said:

After pushback the aircraft bounced  heavily until reaching the taxiway adjecent to RWY12R.

Try disabling the addon and see if it still happens.

20 minutes ago, edemeijer said:

Just tried it with the QW788, gate 53 and nose facing right/tail left and can not reproduce it. Maybe it was a little hiccup of the QW?

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, edemeijer said:

I will check. Are you with the user aircraft? If so should be fixed. Did you change the user aircraft after loading P3D? Try not changing it (save a flight so the QW787 is the first user aircraft in that flight)

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Hi, this is interesting and revolutionary, I will love to try this. I am away from my main computer so I can't test, but downloaded to see if there is some sort of manual or anything that explains how this works.

Also if this file can be distributed by payware developers with their sloped runway addons? if not can some sort of commercial agreement be made? if possible PM so we can talk privately.

thank you for your attention. 

22 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, this is interesting and revolutionary, I will love to try this. I am away from my main computer so I can't test, but downloaded to see if there is some sort of manual or anything that explains how this works.

Also if this file can be distributed by payware developers with their sloped runway addons? if not can some sort of commercial agreement be made? if possible PM so we can talk privately.

thank you for your attention. 

I will PM you. Thanks

Federico Sucari