Sign in to follow this  
fs1

AIs now following Sloped Runways in P3D

3 hours ago, edemeijer said:

Hi, I have some additional information for you. Same behaviour also occurs at other airports (in this case Flightbeam SEQM, gate 14, GSX pushback tail right nose left)..

I start my P3D, always with the default vehicle. I load the airport, select my aircraft and create a flight plan.

I have tested the following scenarios:

- AI enabled, AI module enabled -> pushback issue
- AI enabled, AI module removed -> OK
- AI disabled, AI module enabled -> OK
- AI disabled, AI module removed ->OK

I am using P3D v4.5 hf1, ActiveSky, QW787 v1.3.

I tried exactly the same situation and could again not reproduce it. Started with the IRIS F-22, changed to the QW787 and did a cold and dark startup with GSX pushback at FB's Gate 14

Sim: 4.5 HF1
Add-Ons: AS4, REX EF + SF, GSX L2, QW 788 v1.13, AIG OCI AI traffic. and an unregistered FSUIPC Version 5.15 (from 27th November 2018 as the newer version has some problems with AI)

But a user over at Alpha India is facing the same problem. So maybe there is an add-on you both have in common that inferences with the AI DLL? 

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 7/13/2019 at 12:54 AM, fs1 said:

Thanks for the offer. I will PM you.

Our idea is to release shortly the next AI-ATC features such as active runways, AP PID custom controllers, and AI FDE/Separation features.

Hello Federico,

I've been trying to force runway 27 at KSAN for both departures and arrivals with AIController and PF3 to no avail. If your new program manages to interface with the SDK and finally break that limitation then it'll be free real estate....

Good job and best regards.

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, rjfry said:

LLH Creation do sloped runways in P3Dv4. 

Very nice sceneries indeed!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

But a user over at Alpha India is facing the same problem. So maybe there is an add-on you both have in common that inferences with the AI DLL? 

Actually it's the same user. It's just 2 different usernames 🙂

• Upvote 1

AIG co-admin, AIG flightplanner, AI repainter and AFCAD designer.
Signature1.jpg

On 7/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, unc1rlm said:

Thank you for your development of the dll and obviously all the hard work that went into it.  :smile:

I don't have the ORBX sceneries for the sloped runways. I tried to install the St. Barth.. I have P3dv4.5 and i have a separate scenery file so not in p3dv4.5.  I added the terrain cfg at end and numbered in highest number. Which folder should I use for the scenery/texture.. The auto cfg did nothing. I also can use Add on Organizer by Lorby-si.  Should I use the default xml or the one that Lorby-si writes?   My scenery looks nothing like in the pictures.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Hello Bob. I had trouble with it too.

1st try I installed and pointed it to my install of p3d which for me is E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 then copied the text to terrain.cfg, then ran P3d. Added to scenery library by pointing to the scenery dir under the ST. Barth directory. then from my default scenario I navigated to St.Barth in the parking spot 3. This 1st install didn't work right I had parking but everything else was below the hills and runway was covered by the hills.

2nd try; opened p3d, uncheck st barth.. in scenery library, let scenery refresh and close P3D. Deleted the new Add On directory under P3D main. Restarted P3D checked scenery library and verified St. Barth was no longer there, but when I navigated to St barth, it was still there with the parking spots (because I didn't remove the st barth.bgl from scenery\world\scenery directory ) It was still there and I didn't remove it. I re-installed it again pointing install to main P3D directory, only this time I didn't open up terrain.cfg, I left it alone. *and then rebooted the computer (because this time after install it asked me {in French} do you want to restart.) After restart, I re-added to scenery library and placed it above my last 3rd party airport scenery. Let scenery rebuild then navigated to ST,barth and picked a runway. Todah! it was working. *I'm pretty sure it was working because of two things. 1. I didn't do anything to terrrain config and I rebooted I think that got the configurator.exe working.

What a weird install!!!  

*edit, I went back in and added the 2 text files to the terrain.cfg - parking spots are in those text files. parking spots were just listed as 1 2 and 3 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

7 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

Hello Bob. I had trouble with it too.

1st try I installed and pointed it to my install of p3d which for me is E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 then copied the text to terrain.cfg, then ran P3d. Added to scenery library by pointing to the scenery dir under the ST. Barth directory. then from my default scenario I navigated to St.Barth in the parking spot 3. This 1st install didn't work right I had parking but everything else was below the hills and runway was covered by the hills.

2nd try; opened p3d, uncheck st barth.. in scenery library, let scenery refresh and close P3D. Deleted the new Add On directory under P3D main. Restarted P3D checked scenery library and verified St. Barth was no longer there, but when I navigated to St barth, it was still there with the parking spots (because I didn't remove the st barth.bgl from scenery\world\scenery directory ) It was still there and I didn't remove it. I re-installed it again pointing install to main P3D directory, only this time I didn't open up terrain.cfg, I left it alone. *and then rebooted the computer (because this time after install it asked me {in French} do you want to restart.) After restart, I re-added to scenery library and placed it above my last 3rd party airport scenery. Let scenery rebuild then navigated to ST,barth and picked a runway. Todah! it was working. *I'm pretty sure it was working because of two things. 1. I didn't do anything to terrrain config and I rebooted I think that got the configurator.exe working.

What a weird install!!!  

*edit, I went back in and added the 2 text files to the terrain.cfg - parking spots are in those text files. parking spots were just listed as 1 2 and 3 

The static planes in St Barth are sank even with the DLL, this is because there are scenery objects not AI.

Maybe try another scenery?

Regards,

Federico

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Thank you..I now have the FlyTampa Barth and St Maarten. Yesterday I loaded her up and there was a flight from Maarten to Barth across the water.. Got  excited that I would actually see this sloped runway business. the plane on approach flew thru the chimney smoke....hit the tree...hit the embankment and kinda fell down the wall and roadway and finally rolled to the end of the runway and then took off  across the grass to the terminal...lol....That was my day 🙂

Any ideas.....I used the full version of fsuipc...Super Traffic Board and also have AI Companion which is fantastic.

Bestest,

BobM.

Bob M

Before anyone says this add-on either is or isn't working correctly, I suggest that everyone check their scenery library to see that they do not have duplicate airports installed for the ones they are testing. Fly Tampa St. Barth and Princess Juliana may have airport flatten polygons that were installed silently by ORBX Vector and ORBX Open LC. You can search for these BGL files by their ICAO code in the ORBX subfolder. If a flatten is installed, it could make the runway flat as opposed to following the terrain, depending on the order of the scenery library. One way to check for this situation is to taxi from one end of the runway to the other with the AMSL displayed in left top corner of P3d4 view (Most people have only FPS displayed, but that can be switched via the keyboard). The altitude displayed will be the ground altitude plus the height of the aircraft CG. If the displayed altitude does not change, then a "rogue" flatten is hiding somewhere in your scenery library.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Upvote 1

I ran there elevation tool but you know how that goes. If I find the "flatten" bgl..do I rename it to off or what. Can you shoot a pic or explain exactly what to do. I do have Vector  and Open LC installed.

Thanks jabloom1230..great to see you 🙂

BobM.

Bob M

2 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

the plane on approach flew thru the chimney smoke....hit the tree

I'm not exactly sure if this is by design, but VOXATC AI aircraft seem to be able to takeoff and land at airports with sloped runways. However, they do the same thing as you've described on approach at St. Barth's. The approach is probably too steep for the algorithm to handle in real time. I'm guessing that the DLL described in this thread works the same way. It uses either SimConnect or the PDK to monitor the upcoming ground elevation and adjusts the flight path accordingly.

Just now, unc1rlm said:

I ran there elevation tool but you know how that goes. If I find the "flatten" bgl..do I rename it to off or what. Can you shoot a pic or explain exactly what to do. I do have Vector  and Open LC installed.

Thanks jabloom1230..great to see you 🙂

BobM.

Just renamed it to <filename>.BGL.OFF.

Do know the name of St. barth...don't see it in the Orbx/AEC scenery folder?

Thanks,

BobM.

Bob M

2 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Thank you..I now have the FlyTampa Barth and St Maarten. Yesterday I loaded her up and there was a flight from Maarten to Barth across the water.. Got  excited that I would actually see this sloped runway business. the plane on approach flew thru the chimney smoke....hit the tree...hit the embankment and kinda fell down the wall and roadway and finally rolled to the end of the runway and then took off  across the grass to the terminal...lol....That was my day 🙂

Any ideas.....I used the full version of fsuipc...Super Traffic Board and also have AI Companion which is fantastic.

Bestest,

BobM.

The airport needs to have proper taxi ways or similar, needs to be taxiable. Try with the major airports such as the ORBX ones, among others

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

will go to EDDF..that works...lol

Thanks,

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

7 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Bestest,

BobM.

I must be missing something, because in P3Dv4.51 I have FT St. Maarten complete (latest version) that includes St. Barth and SABA. I don't see sloped runways at any of those locations, whether Orbx files are active or inactive.

Are these airport sceneries supposed to have sloped runways...if so, they aren't sloped on my installation.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB