Sign in to follow this  
fs1

AIs now following Sloped Runways in P3D

Looks like it's going live- LVR's Ft Lauderdale announcement noted the FSSI sloped runway tool is included (see FSElite). 

• Like 1

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Hi, removed beta. You can download it here

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

The new download contains two(!) ai.dll with different size (787.968 vs 700.416 bytes) ?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

The new download contains two(!) ai.dll with different size (787.968 vs 700.416 bytes) ?

Corrected it. See now.

Thanks

Federico

Federico Sucari

Question regarding install.  Is it just a matter of copying the AI folder into Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and activating the addon, or is there something else required?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

On 8/31/2019 at 1:53 PM, fs1 said:

Guys we are working on a release soon. Also we are working of a whole overhaul of the ATC/AI engine. News will be posted soon.

Hi, some time has passed since your last updated message about this. Any news here in the meanwhile?

Cheers!

On 11/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, fs1 said:

We are still working on it. Thanks

Thanks for the update 🙂

This is the new version of the DLL (just replaced it on original setup). Code has been optimized, and also users reported to be working in v5.

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks

Edited by fs1
  • Like 1

Federico Sucari

sorry t be direct here but is this dll really useful - or even desired - now P3DV5 supports sloped runways ? The AI engine should have been also modified by LM in order to allow AI aircraft to follow sloped runways .... 

10 minutes ago, pmemery said:

sorry t be direct here but is this dll really useful - or even desired - now P3DV5 supports sloped runways ? The AI engine should have been also modified by LM in order to allow AI aircraft to follow sloped runways .... 

I really don't know an answer to your question.

There are legacy airports that have sloped surfaces. Many. BTW this DLL is for v4 as well.

This DLL is free to use, so Just move on if you don't want to use it.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Certain ai planes are landing well short of the runway then taxiing over the ground to the airport.

Anyone else with this issue?

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

2 hours ago, Mr_LoL said:

Certain ai planes are landing well short of the runway then taxiing over the ground to the airport.

Anyone else with this issue?

You need to adjust reference altitude in that airport. Then the AI should behave well

Federico Sucari

4 hours ago, fs1 said:

You need to adjust reference altitude in that airport. Then the AI should behave well

Adjust it to what please? 

This DLL came with the payware version of KFLL. 

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

You are wrong @Mr_LoL. This DLL did not come in a payware. This DLL I posted it here and is freeware.

Please ask in the developer’s forum of KFLL if you have any issues on the DLL shipped in that product.

Federico Sucari

4 minutes ago, fs1 said:

You are wrong @Mr_LoL. This DLL did not come in a payware. This DLL I posted it here and is freeware.

Please ask in the developer’s forum of KFLL if you have any issues on the DLL shipped in that product.

So the slopedrwyAI.dll that ships with LatinVFR KFLL isn't your creation?

Thought it was