Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

FSDreamTeam in Trial Mode

Is anyone else having issues with FSDT products?  For me all of the add-on's I have purchased reverted to TRIAL mode.  I'm thinking this has to do with the move away from their e-commerce vendor. 

Any solutions?

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

No problem here. Why don't you post on the FSDT site?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

12 minutes ago, pgde said:

Why don't you post on the FSDT site?

Maybe he did.

And it can be convenient to post on AVSIM to have other (independant?) points of view or reach quickly a wider audience. Not everybody visit every developer's forum everyday?

• Like 2

- TONY -

55 minutes ago, pgde said:

No problem here. Why don't you post on the FSDT site?

There was another reported issue that I added to, so of  course I posed in their forum - about an hour or 2 before here. 

That being said,  these forums tend to have a higher visibility and broader reach, meaning the ‘ask’ was to see if this is a localized issue or one that may be more wide spread. 

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I had this happen a while back too... I think I removed it and reinstalled it and that fixed the problem by adding the correct registry entry. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

1 hour ago, Speedbird21 said:

Yep, same issue here with KIAH. Was registered the other day and now it's in trial mode 🤔

I found another thread on the FSDT forum .... I had to reboot then re-run FSDT Live Update 2 more times and it seems to have fixed the problem.  I wonder if there was a bad update somewhere recently.

Kevin

• Like 1

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon

19 minutes ago, KJConlon said:

I found another thread on the FSDT forum .... I had to reboot then re-run FSDT Live Update 2 more times and it seems to have fixed the problem.  I wonder if there was a bad update somewhere recently.

Kevin

Thanks, I will give that a try and see if it fixes it.

Hi

I had the same problem. After reading through forums it was touted as an antivirus problem. I had to turn off Windows Defender and the reinstall and register again and all was fine.

Ken

Exactly, the problem doesn't have anything to do with our update, or the fact we switched to another activation system, because Esellerate is still there, and the Esellerate servers will still run until September 30th so, until then, our software will first try to connect there, and only if it fails, it will try to connect to the new system ( Soraco ).

Of course, if you already have a new kind of Serial Number, one that starts with "A" instead of "FSDT", it will go directly to the new server so, under normal conditions, everything will work seamlessly, regardless if you have a new or an old serial, because both activation servers are supported and both are up. And even after Esellerate will close its servers, your old Esellerate serial numbers are already recognized on the new server, with no actions required on your part, it will just work.

If all products seemed to have reverted to Trial, what really happened, is the antivirus has mistakenly blocked the updated Couatl.exe program from running so, without it, the Addon Manager will report them in Trial.

This usually happens after an update, because some antivirus by default don't trust a new executable JUST because "it's new", and this in spite of us always following ALL suggestions from both Microsoft and antivirus vendors to digitally sign all the executables, both with an authenticode signature and with a Taggant signature, which is specifically designed to prevent false positives.

That's why we always suggest to configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning, and this will also result in faster startup times, since the antivirus won't have to lose any time scanning for non-existent threats in that place.

It's also highly suggested to add the whole simulator folder to the antivirus Exclusion list, which can have a dramatic effect on loading times.

• Like 2

I too had this problem after running the FSDT Live Update of the GSX PBR Update. I decided to run the "Full GSX Installer" based on a  comment from Virtuali in his forum post announcing the new PBR update..."In general, we noticed that, due to the large number of updated files and new files to be downloaded, it might be best to use the FULL Installer method". That solved the issue.

Edited by ClaudeF

Regards,

Claude Franklin

@KJConlon, yes, same problem for me at JFK but I checked my product was registered in Addon Manager and it confirmed it was. Umberto has replied so I shall follow his advice on preventing it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather