Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Remove pausing of the sim when menus are accessed?

This is something I haven't seen brought up and I've always wondered about:Why is it that FS has to pause when you press ALT to access the menus like the map, view options etc? I've always wished it was possible to have the sim continue running in the background while you use whatever menu you've got open. It even pauses when you right click and bring up the context menu to do something like closing a secondary view pane etc... Is there an inherent limitation or something to the effect that makes it necessary to pause the sim?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest stefanwa

Thought about that myself very often. Hope they can make this an option.Steve

Guest tdragger

I believe this has to do with the fact that we don't own our menus, Windows does. If we did our own rendering, mouse tracking, state management, etc. it would be easier to have the kind of behavior you're asking for.

Hey that brings up a point...perhaps this type of behavior can be/will be/might be implemented in a future build of the Windows OS. I guess it would involve quite a change in the way the OS handles apps though.Good thread topic though anyway.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

PLEASE leave that alone...I rely on the ALT key to pause and reset to normal speed, when flying at x16Steve

If this where to be included, I would have to ask for it to be configurable becase, like ballofix points out, this behavior is useful in many situations.

>I believe this has to do with the fact that we don't own our>menus, Windows does. If we did our own rendering, mouse>tracking, state management, etc. it would be easier to have>the kind of behavior you're asking for.>Who's this Windows fellow? Anyone know where he lives? Does Bill know that Windows (No first name, eh! Must be dodgy) is affecting his FS simulation? :-lol

>If this where to be included, I would have to ask for it to>be configurable becase, like ballofix points out, this>behavior is useful in many situations.Second that, but indeed, I have never even thought about this behavior - guess I just got used to it... But it would be great indeed e. g. if you just want to bring up map view to look up some ILS frequency etc and not having the sim paused.

hmmm. interesting idea for an add-on. But I don't think there are any EFIS systems that do THAT yet...so therefore it's not something seen in the real world. Then again, neither are tooltips. :)Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Or even easier, just get a copy of FSNav...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia